The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fully Electric Toyota Supra mk4

Guest BradD

Now I've grabbed your attention.

Thought I'd post up my 1/12 Scale HOMEMADE RC supra which I made for my GSCE Engineering project.

Only few parts here were found/sourced from around school, quite a lot was made like the

Chassis

Body

Axles

Suspension

Steering

Body securing bits

Had to use equipment like Lathes and such to make the axles and other round bits.

Used a CNC router to cut out the chassis and the body mold, then used a vac former to make the body shell.

Couple bits were cut out using the schools laser cutter.

All the electrics came from school.

Those of you who know about RC, the Transmitter and Receiver are digital, so no need for crystals.

It's RWD just as it should be. Made sure there was enough turning angle and rake as you can see in the vid so it handled well.

Anything other then the purple shell has been stuck on with vinyl, like the windows/gap lines/lights.

Everything was kind of made as I went along, improving bits and testing.

Little video of it on the drive

Brad

Edited by BradD (see edit history)

From memory, it's 2mm thick. I think it's fine, been hit into quite a bit of stuff including walls :sly: and off the edge of curbs.

What company was that? For this project I just went with what was easiest, most nowadays have more complex lightweight carbon fibre chassis but this was all i could get hold of

Lol looks fun

Though I think it needs the suspension to be a little softer

Who's the yellow Zed ... Looks very nice

Thanks, the 350z our's, it's the Limited GT4 one with 300bhp :eyebrows:

Pics can be seen here......http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?278365-22-quot-Jap-Fit-DEEP-DISH-WHEELS-to-suit-NISSAN-350Z-R35-Supra

The suspension at the back is a little stiff, but otherwise over jumps it would bottom out.

I'm all for wooden suspension arms lol. Good effort :)

haha yeah, they are not actually moving, it's the metal part connected to the hubs which slides through it (reason for it being wood)

I was skeptical thinking it might be too weak, but it's been fine.