The mkiv Supra Owners Club

320 bhp Na on ebay

suprafish

Sounds like a lot of ponies from an NA. Would have cost a mint to get that sort of power without a turbo or supercharger straped to it.

All IMHO.

The guy does seem to have been meticulous and the documented upgrades are a nice touch.

The graphics have to go though and it could do with being a litle lower, there is a bit of apsce in between the arches for a show car.

That was at Billing wasn't it? Worst graphics I've ever seen on a car IMHO - aweful choice of colour. And no mention in the ad of any mods that would get it over 240HP, let alone 320 - unless it's got a 100 shot of NOS! Meticulous work though, by the looks of it. They're never gonna get more than a fraction of the money they've put into it, seems a strange decision to sell, unless they're in financial difficulty.

:looney:

Guest Rays the roof

Does not look half that bad in the flesh. Graphics are liquid art and the paint finish is excellent quality. Would question 320BHP though!!:cool:

Guest Rays the roof
Originally posted by Digsy

...or boring it out to about 4.4 litres.

Ummm sounds interesting. How do I do this mate, with a big drill??

:p

Guess my petrol consumption would get somewhere near a TT with this mod.

;)

Originally posted by Rays the roof

Ummm sounds interesting. How do I do this mate, with a big drill??

Guess my petrol consumption would get somewhere near a TT with this mod.

;)

Your not driving your NA hard enough!!!l! Mine'll do 18 to the gallon most of the time :)

Guest Rays the roof
Originally posted by Faye

Your not driving your NA hard enough!!!l! Mine'll do 18 to the gallon most of the time :)

18 to the gallon?

Probably coz you left it in second all the time or thought that the manual choke lever was a handbag hook!!!

Joke, Joke...........

Does setup for UK fuel simply mean that you can put RON 95 in it like you can any N/A? Or does it mean that it has the J-spec pump replaced with a UK one rather than a walbro? Or has it had the larger UK injectors fitted? 320 bhp even with nitrous is a touch optimistic.

To go to the trouble of name dropping some HKS components that aren't really all that savvy and then not mention the cams, aftermarket fuel control etc required to get that power quote is at best a bit daft.

It wins shows so cool say as much, but don't let the ad down by making a claim without substansiating it.

There's a little section on this supe in the october jap performance, its a girls car and from the mods listed it says, custom intake and exhaust! well thats a helluva good system for that amount of power!

Wonder if it won 'ricer of the year':sly:

Suprafish : I dont think anyone has, im not sure why either? how much can you normally bore a car out too? an extra 200cc maybe? surely this would be quite a good gain.

If the designers helpfully left a huge chunk of metal around the cylinders (unlikely in a modern engine) then its possible. I've worked on a 1.6 litre unit that was taken up to 1.8 litres as a concept demonstrator but ultimately that got its own block casting.

As far as swapping out parts goes it it easier to stroke an engine but the cons for this are a reduced L/R ratio and higher inertial forces on the rod assembly, as well as reduced crank pin overlap, which means an inherently weaker crankshaft, unless you enlarge the crank pins which is unlikely to package within the crank case.