The mkiv Supra Owners Club

help. car wont start

pauldoug

Last night i noticed my car was idling slightly lower revs than usual and a bit blippy (up and down). Apart from that the car was fine. I have woken up this morning, turned the key and heard a crunch (like a gearbox crunching noise). Nothing happened, tried again and all i get is the lights on, and now ignition is not turning over. i need my car. thanks for any help, 1993 NA Auto

Just tried it again after leaving it a few hours and started no bother but cars feeling very rumbly with blippy revs again ..... fuel problem maybe? just dont understand what the crunching noise was.

Was it like putting it into gear without fully depressing the clutch i.e grinding it noise if so that's what an angry starter motor sound like.

Just tried it again after leaving it a few hours and started no bother but cars feeling very rumbly with blippy revs again ..... fuel problem maybe?

Sounds like it might not be firing on all cylinders, could water have gotten into the engine? eg. have you just washed the car, driven through floods, have bonnet vents etc.

Sounds like it might not be firing on all cylinders, could water have gotten into the engine? eg. have you just washed the car, driven through floods, have bonnet vents etc.

Dont know if related but recently lost my fuel cap recently and drove for a week, until i found a temporary one that fitted. Could dust/dirt got in by the flap and into the tank and cause the rumbling ....