The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all!

NAM_killer

Hi everyone,

I've been lurking around the 'for sale' section for a little while now and have finally decided to sign up in preparation for my next car (no hints on what I'm looking at) ;)

I think with stuff like this, it's best to ask guys who really know what they're talking about and have the same passion as me. Not just some guy who wants to sell his car.

I've recently been introduced to older Toyota coupes and I have to admit I fell in love at first sight!

My current car (which I have had for about a year and a half) is a 1991 Celica GT-R. Stunning.

I was looking for something with a little more power and have a budget of ~£3k so was considering a GT-4 in 'my' shape until I stepped in my friend's uk spec TT.

I was blown away by literally everything in the car, including the fact that my vaulting skills have increased immensly because of having to jump over the sills getting in/out.

So my question to you guys is: For ~£3k, what would I be looking at for a Supra? I'm assuming something along the lines of a N/A auto?

I just really want to get everything in line so I know what I'm doing before I start lookign at individual cars. I want to do it right this time as this is a car I can see myself keeping and looking after for a long time.

Thanks for looking! I can't wait to own one of these beasts!

Thanks for all the replies, I didn't think I could get a good manual for £3k! Looks like I was underestimating it :D

Dan, I did consider a gen 6 but I really think that compared to the gen 5 GT-4 (carlos sainz) it was rather... not-so-good-looking :p

Looking forward to getting one now, hopefully from someone on here!