The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Idle control valve + new intake manifold = fitment issue .... how to resolve

_Shane_

Guys,

Another email from garage where car is getting work carried out etc

They are fitting my intake manifold which is a brand new ku engineering one etc

They have sent on the below pics saying the water pipes do not clear the intake manifold as you can see from the pics

My response would be to bend the pipes so you get clearance or at the worse case scenario cut the pipe where it bends and clamp the hoses on there etc

I got this email from them

'' Intake Manifold

We will modify the idle air control valve to suit for you. We could machine a spacer but this would be labour intensive and wouldnt come cheap!!

Another thing we noticed on removal is that on the original intake manifold the injector seats have been modified to suit smaller injectors see pics. This mod would be required for the new intake manifold however we would not plan to weld it - this could cause distortion and discolouring. We can manufacture tight fitting spacer rings and bond these into the manifold. This mod has been carried out on a number of customers vehicles and would be the best way to go. Are you happy for us to proceed on this?''

What are your thoughts on the above firstly with the ICV and the pipes and secondly the injector seats

I just want to make sure that what is been said above is been justified and not so the price / labor of the job can be hiked up

Thanks guys

Shane

i got a second hand icv for my plenum witch looks the same as yours in the pictures, mine already came with them 2 pipes cut off altogeter so ive never had my water pipes connected on mine and it works fantastic, no problems with how it operates what so ever. :)

There is no reason at all that they would affect the anti lag. As said above, they just prevent the IACV from freezing up, same as the water ways on the stock throttle body, none of which is "really" required. I wouldn't be trusting them to wire the AEM up from scratch if they come up with that bullshit!