The mkiv Supra Owners Club

3" decat for an na

scott87

You won't loose that much backpressure if your exhaust system is 2.5". My NA ran 219bhp with 2.5" exhaust and 3" decat and a panel filter. It may lower overall backpressure but wouldn't make a huge amount of difference as you still have the exhaust system giving a bottle neck creating a disturbance in flow which would in itself create even more resistance and more back pressure. Obviously not as much as a 2.5" decat. But in general..

I wouldn't worry about it.

You won't loose that much backpressure if your exhaust system is 2.5". My NA ran 219bhp with 2.5" exhaust and 3" decat and a panel filter. It may lower overall backpressure but wouldn't make a huge amount of difference as you still have the exhaust system giving a bottle neck creating a disturbance in flow which would in itself create even more resistance and more back pressure. Obviously not as much as a 2.5" but changing from 3 to 2.5" will cause a little, probably no even noticable but still there.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Cool thanks. I will get it fitted tomorrow then :-)

Yer leaving first cat in. The exhaust will stay standard silencers until after winter when my exhaust has finally given up. But having the decat fitted tomorrow. Was just worried it may not fit but im assuming it will if you can buy 3" or 2.5" decats.

The 1st cat is the most restrictive of the 2, fitting a 2nd decat pipe will make it a little louder I doubt it'll make any significant difference to the performance though.

The 1st cat is the most restrictive of the 2, fitting a 2nd decat pipe will make it a little louder I doubt it'll make any significant difference to the performance though.

Its not a performance upgrade im looking for, just a better sound and the fact that all of the pipe and heatshield is rattling to buggary under the car, which has been driving me insane.

When i get a ss cat back system should i go for a 3" so that is matches the 2nd decat i have.