The mkiv Supra Owners Club

cold start missfire help

mellonman

My car sometimes has a bad missfire if it has not been driven for a week it seems worse,The miss happens light throttle even idle for the first 5 minutes after its warm its fine but some times will have a miss on the first WOT at full boost like fuel cut,then it would be completely fine for another week or so,

i have a single turbo and have changed

plugs

fuel pump and filter

coil pack clips are new ish

i have super spark coils

at abit of a lose now as its quiet intermitant im thinking its an electrical problem could this be the fuel pump ecu i know this to not want to power my walbro 400 so have done a 12v mod but still use the ecu to control a 12v relay ?

could this be a ignitor pack on its way out?

• 11 months later...

Paul this may well save you a wedge of cash http://www.mkiv.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?289482-cold-misfire-*updated*-HELP read it all as there maybe relevent help for your car !!

to be fair i also changed back to a hotter grade plug as well ngk7eix , some im not 100% if it was a bad plug in the end?

also the cam position sensors was full of oil and i cleaned them all up which my of helped