The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lexus LF-CC more like the supra replacement than the GT86

wile e coyote

No offence but just because someone who works at Toyota told you so doesn't make it true.

Im not denying it maybe in design stages but I do very much doubt a random employee at a dealership has access to that sort of information.

No offence but just because someone who works at Toyota told you so doesn't make it true.

Im not denying it maybe in design stages but I do very much doubt a random employee at a dealership has access to that sort of information.

One of them is on this forum. The other 2 people work at a different dealership where I test drove the gt86. The manager told me not to sell my supra to get a gt86 as there is definitely another supra coming out :)

Dealerships couldn't tell me when they were getting GT-86's in when they were officially announced. They know sod all about any future models Toyota may, or may not bring out.

I would guess it's likely to be more along the lines of the FT-HS if there does turn out to be one though.

The UK spec supra was £42k when it was released, so that's £60k+ in today's money.

I would bet that the vast majority of people on here wouldn't have that kind of money to splash on a new one(I mean there were only 600-odd UK supras sold over three years!).

Also drivers of a nigh on 20 year old car, would not be the target market for a new Toyota supra.

Roll on 2028 when most people will all be able to afford a MKV. :p

Anybody thinking it'll be 2JZ derived engine is dreaming. Chances are it'll be a hybrid or electric.

Just wait and get a GTR in 5 years time when they will be £15k. :)

Anybody thinking it'll be 2JZ derived engine is dreaming. Chances are it'll be a hybrid or electric.

This. The engine was killed off because of emissions - so that's a no. Add the fact the sheer weight of it, that's a no - whatever engine is used next, it'll have an aluminium block. More than likely be a V rather than an I - aside from harmonic balance, the V is better for a FR road car as it back be set further back (unless it's Ryan's track car!).

A fettled 2GR engine with 350bhp would be my guess.