The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need a fog-light switch - any ideas?

SupraStar 3000

I'm sick and tired of looking at my horrible red fog-light rocker switch and want a new one. Any ideas???

Unfortunately I didn't manage to catch it on this picture (originally intended for another thread) but the switch fits under the stereo beside the two other units (red alarm light and alarm plug).

I'm looking for something well manufactured and stylish but subtle that fits in the same space. Button or switch.

http://www.david.c.c.btinternet.co.uk/Resources/stero.jpeg

What do UK cars have in the far left hand slot behind the gear stick then? My J spec has the active spoiler button on the right, then the traction control button, and in the left hand slot is the crappy SVA switch for the fog light.

I assume that slot must be used by some Supra model somewhere, so I wonder if the UK model has the fog light switch there? If so, why not use one of them?

(as you will see from my sig, I too am planning to sort out the fog light switch in the Spring and I was gonna bung a de-badged active spoiler switch in there to control my fog light and the aerial. But if the UK Supras have a proper fog light in that hole then that would be the logical replacement)

Originally posted by Aerotop Dave

What do UK cars have in the far left hand slot behind the gear stick then? My J spec has the active spoiler button on the right, then the traction control button, and in the left hand slot is the crappy SVA switch for the fog light.

The UK specs use that slot, think it's for the heated seats...?