The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Question: Anyone running a BPU TT or Hybrid BPU on SYVECS Engine Management System ?

Sheefa

Searched but could not find.

Has it been done? Is it worth it? Many gains? Greater relaibility?

Whilst I'm looking at AFR install and Traction Control I could bite the bullet and get this thrown in with the above as standard for a bit more.

Advices awaited please :)

Guest Budz86

Dean (tooquicktoostop) said it felt like a small single once Ryan has worked his magic.....and knowing your new car Sheffa, the results would be even better! Drop him a line ot talk to Ryan about it

il be going that route mate..ive got a fully built BPU+++ by lee p..next steps i reckon are definately ttc with syvecs..good reports all round with that setup..if you decide to go hybrids try CR Turbos or speed for sale's Gt28's...only because they seem to last at good power levels..where as normal hybruds or rebuild dont seem to last anywhere near as long as pair if stock tubbies..

Has it been done?

There are a couple of dyno graphs here http://2bartuning.com/dynographs/showgraph.php I'd contact Ryan.G for more information.

Is it worth it? Many gains? Greater relaibility?

HP gains will be moderate, with stock J-spec turbos, aftermarket cams and larger injectors around 430hp should be possible at 1.2bar.

Arguably it would be more reliable as it'd give better control over the fueling/timing above 1bar, on the other hand the harder you push the engine/turbos the more you're asking of them. One other benefit would be slightly better mpg's.

Thanks all.

Not going down the Single route. Want to stick with TT to be honest and as the one I've bought is on Hybrids at circa 460bhp at 1.2 bar I would hope for some nice results with the Syvecs.

Thanks all and I shall be in touch with Ryan.

I can't comment on the experience with a syvecs, but TRD-Rob on here had another standalone on his BPU-TT with hybrids (Apexi PFC, mapped by Ryan) and that was not very nice to drive in TTC mode. It really lacked power at the lower 3rd of the rev range, I'm not a fan of TTC mode but can't see the little bit of higher end making up for that huge loss of power in the lower 3rd, where most cars spend most of their time. It wasn't due to a poor job by Ryan (far from it, he's top of his game), it just that the TTC mode felt much the same as regular TTC, just with a little more at the higher end.

Perhaps it's worth trying TTC before you go for this option, or discuss with Ryan if he can map it using sequential setup. No idea if he's done that before but expect him to not like it :p

I would imagine the mapping to keep a nicely functional sequential set up would be very long winded and involved. I know a Motec emplyee has done it using an N800 on a VVTi manual, using JUST the M800 to control all engine functions, but it was a labour of love. It gave good gains as the fuelling was trimmed to rid the excess that Toyota provided to keep the cats in one piece. I would check this has actually been done on a Syvecs, as paying for the FIRST map could be pricey....

I would imagine the mapping to keep a nicely functional sequential set up would be very long winded and involved. I know a Motec emplyee has done it using an N800 on a VVTi manual, using JUST the M800 to control all engine functions, but it was a labour of love. It gave good gains as the fuelling was trimmed to rid the excess that Toyota provided to keep the cats in one piece. I would check this has actually been done on a Syvecs, as paying for the FIRST map could be pricey....

Thanks Chris.

I would be interested in doing this as a first. I love the Seq setup but would love someone to squeeze more out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump - Syvecs complete system has come up at a very reasonable price.

Have dropped a PM to Ryan re mapping in Seq mode. I just am not a fan of TTC mode but then again I've only been out in one whilst stock with no standalone ECU in place.

Any other thoughts?!

• 3 weeks later...

So are there any Syvecs ECU'd 2JZ-GTE engines running in stock sequential mode with the Syvecs doing all the engine control functions, with the stock ecu deleted? What did Ryan say? I've never seen one. I do have a friend with a manual VVTi TT running a Motec with the Motec controlling everything including the sequential stuff, but I have never seen this on a Syvecs. I have no doubt at all that it's perfectly possible.

Hey Chris

Is there any difference between the Motec and Syvecs? Compariable price range units or maybe Unit X of Syvecs/Motec surpasses even mor expensive units in either companies range.

Just got a quote of 3K euro over here in Ireland for the Syvecs, drive in drive out. I never remember it being so expensive with the usual culprits, HKS Vpro, Apexi Power FC etc are the Motec and Svyecs for a 2jz application complete over kill? Or are they that good, the old 90's hardware is like black and white TV at this stage?

Just would like some imparcial information, I was hoping to get it from the mapper over here; he is Motec, Syvecs , HKS writer Irish retailer but all I got was how much can you afford

I was hoping he could say application X costs X and differentiates based on X features, pricing etc

I gave him my intial goal , BPU mapped for 95 octane and I would like it to be future proofed

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)