The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What is the best rotors and pads for OEM 4/2 pot calipers?

mixad

I'm thinking of upgrading my brakes on my Supra. I have the UK-spec 4-pot front and 2-pot rear. I was thinkinf of upgrading to new (bigger?) rotors and good pads instead of buying a BBK.

How often do you recommend to "refurbish" the calipers?

And also what can I do to get firmer brakes and better feel´in brake pedal?

The general concensus mate is that OEM discs are the best. Chris Wilson fast road pads, porterfield or ebc all do very good pads for the oem setup.

In terms of a harder feel in the pedal, braided brake lines make a nice difference along with some decent quality brake fluid, I use 5 dot one in mine.

With regards rebuilding calipers, if it ain't broke don't fix it :D but in all seriousness take off each caliper and look to see if the pistons are pitted and the general condition of the seals, and make a judgement call on whether you think they need a freshen up or not.

In a shameless plug, I've a full uk spec set-up, EBC discs front and rear and EBC yellow stuff pads. All items are brand new in box and never used. I don't need them and will sell for much cheaper than toyota replacements if you've interest. Do a search on google, EBC stuff gets decent reviews.

I'd stick with Toyota OEM disks and get Chris Wilson fast road pads.

Brake feel could be improved with a fluid change, braided brake lines and a brake master cylinder stopper.

Ok. I did change the brakefluid and I installed braided lines front. But I don't know if it did that much of a difference. What is a brake master cylinder stopper?

What about a new OEM brake master cylinder? Will I feel improved pedal feel?

Best? For road use? Endless 2 piece discs and Endless MX72 pads IMO.

Best value for money/quality? OEM discs and a set of CW pads or similar.

I have the Endless MX72 fitted to my car, it was a noticeable difference compared to the OEM I had on my car

Also running Dixcel slotted rotors, they were cheaper than OEMs, hence I fitted them.

I have not tested this combo on the track as yet, but so far everything I have thrown at it on the street has been childs play, car stopped perfect everytime..

I was running Project MU discs all round with Endless CCX pads and they were really really good. Running OEM disc's all round now with CW pads and Motul RBF600 and they are pretty awesome also, bit more brake dust with the CW pads, but i like cleaning my car so its never phased me.