The mkiv Supra Owners Club

some one damaged my car

liam1

took the cover off yesterday to give it a bit of a clean and found damage to the drivers wing,car hasnt moved for a few weeks only thing i can think has caused it was the council grass cutting mover,midweek the guy was round cutting the grass by the car i have included a pic off where it is parked.

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq58/123mustang2009/supradent008.jpg

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq58/123mustang2009/supradent007.jpg

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq58/123mustang2009/supradent006.jpg

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq58/123mustang2009/supradent005.jpg

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq58/123mustang2009/shogunmod006-1.jpg

That won't be a difficult fix for a decent body shop. Should pretty much just pop back out hopefully.

We have just had almost identical damage taken out of our Celica and it cost £250. Car is defensively parked aswell, I would be furious..!!

H.

It's a shame, when things like happens.

Has Havard said i be furious if that happened to me and the fact you have to pay for someone else's fault.

Hope it be cheap to repair and fix.

Ring the council and complain mate. South Tyneside council paid to remove the dents in my civic door when I drove past a mower who went over a brick and sprayed the car like a shotgun. I thought I wasn't going to get anywhere with them but it was really straight forward. The car was repaired within 48 hours. Got nothing to loose.

Ring the council and complain mate. South Tyneside council paid to remove the dents in my civic door when I drove past a mower who went over a brick and sprayed the car like a shotgun. I thought I wasn't going to get anywhere with them but it was really straight forward. The car was repaired within 48 hours. Got nothing to loose.

rang them saturday mate they are going to look into it and get back to me monday fingers crossed they pay for the damage.

rang them saturday mate they are going to look into it and get back to me monday fingers crossed they pay for the damage.

Take some pictures if you can of where they cut the grass (to show that it went passed that area).

Gutting, at least they could have had the decency to leave you a note!!

I was amazed when they fixed mine. I was expecting a battle that never happened. They just said soz and fixed it. All I had to do was confirm the time and date I drove past the mower and take the car down to the industrial estate behind Hebburn baths so the council could take a look at it. Sausage bosh!

Any word from the council?

had a manager and another guy from the works department round yesterday,they took one look at the damage then confirmed what was used to cut the grass it was a ride on,after a little discussion they said it was mostly likely their guy who did it and said they use a local body shop when things like this happen,they are going to send the guy from the body shop to have a look at the damage so its looking good they are going to pay for it to be fixed, only problem now is its sorn with a bit of luck the garage can come and collect it but cant complain looks like its going to be sorted.

had a manager and another guy from the works department round yesterday,they took one look at the damage then confirmed what was used to cut the grass it was a ride on,after a little discussion they said it was mostly likely their guy who did it and said they use a local body shop when things like this happen,they are going to send the guy from the body shop to have a look at the damage so its looking good they are going to pay for it to be fixed, only problem now is its sorn with a bit of luck the garage can come and collect it but cant complain looks like its going to be sorted.

"The council have a bodyshop they use when things like this happen"???? Bloody hell, how bad are these council muppets??

Gutted for you mate. Can you not get a lend of some trade plates to take it to the garage?

Peter