The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another uk spec gone to supra heaven and a word of warning to young drivers........

fat_controller

Thought i ought to let everyone know another Black uk manual in very good condition and stock bodied has sadly been written off. It's not mine but heard through the grape vine about it.

I'm not at present an owner of a supra but had my first uk spec manual at 19, followed by a big single uk spec manual and a bpu facelift auto, i'm always looking at them on pistonheads and on here and will no doubt be back in one in the not to distant future.

This thread was basically started as a word of warning to the young/inexperienced drivers of these wonderful cars, show them a bit of respect, i'm no micheal schumacher but know these cars bite back if you don't, not saying you need to drive like a catholic nun, but know your limits.

Sad day, losing a piece of supra history.....

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah he's a mate, and a member on here but doesn't post much. I agree from the picture i've seen its not looking great, last i heard he was looking to get it on a jig to see if she was still straight and then would go from there. You make a valid point though, these cars can bite hard! luckily him and his mate are ok....

o/s rear quarter

n/s rear quarter

boot and glass

rear bumper

front bumper

both headlights

front wings

bonnet

exhaust ripped off

wheel damage

poss subframe damage

both airbags

Gonna be one expensive repair, be amazing if he could get it back on the road, wish i had brought it myself and wrapped it in cotton wool for the next decade or two, really was a special, rare car.

ha the vultures have started already! the six speed box is mine if he breaks it ;) just so we are all clear :) i think his other plan was to transplant it into his n/a, will have to have a talk with him

i have spoke to him about this... i will be seeing him monday and advising him on his best option!

In most cases people skimp on good rubber and live to regret it.

I skimp on rubber to make sideways slightly easier and cheaper. :D

I think the problem is as mentioned, lack of respect for what is infact a deadly weapon. Does make you wonder where these youngsters get the money, cos I sure as hell couldn't afford to abuse my car to the extent of bending it!

Dont care, at 19 you're not experienced enough to drive a 300hp, near 2 ton car. If that riles anyone, Im not sorry, its a fact.

To be fair i totally agree, but knowing from experience, when you're young you just wanna go faster/have a faster car than your mates, my little bro is just coming up 19 and there is no way on gods earth i'd advise him to go out and buy a supra. Not saying i was an exception but i've always shown these cars respect and only driven within my abilities.

i bought mine at 20 and im 22 now, to be fair it scared the crap outta me when i first got it. aslong as you respect it and dont drive like a nob theres no reason why you shouldnt be okay

but alot of people my age with some serious power under their foot with rwd...not always a good combo