The mkiv Supra Owners Club

na to 1jz swap

paul21uk

Nice project :)

Littlenum and another couple of guys have done the swap here, but it's been done many times over in Australia (probably given the huge supply of cheap 1JZs they have access to)

Apparently it's all straight forward as engine swaps go, even the wiring.

It's not well documented on here, Littlenum was trying to charge for his expertise so I doubt he'll give the information freely. As said, try the Australian forums, they're very generous with information on the swap in my experience. (I was going to build a 6 speed 1JZ VVTi car)

Anything over 1 bar of boost requires, at the very least, an FCD. Have a look at the bpu section in tech, most of it applies to the 1JZ engine as well and is good advice. I can't help you on the starter question at the mo but I should be able to set you straight after the weekend when I'm not trying to do this on a poxy phone!

By the way, this site's search facility doesn't recognise requests of 3 characters or less so searching of 1JZ will net you exactly squat. Use longer key words to describe what you're looking for or go to google and type in "1JZ" and "mkivsupra.net" into the search window there.

Google 1jz site:http://www.mkivsupra.net

(5,270 results - should keep you busy :))

Never actually tried it myself mate. Just a solution someone offered in a thread I happened upon. Still, it should help to answer most questions, if used.
No criticism intended. :) Just giving Paul the way to Google in a particular site. Unfortunately, Google isn't smart enough to return only threads, but it's still better than nothing.