The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fill 'er Up!

benkei

How many of you actually FILL your tank when you get fuel?

I tend to put £30-40 in at a time. Maybe the rewards for 'X amount of fill ups' at Shell encourage me to fill up more regularly to make best use of their points for money off fuel, and also weight saving of not carrying a full tank of fuel with me. Although I do get panicky when the fuel light comes on, which is more regularly than I would like! :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like to have at least one car here with plenty of fuel in for any urgent and unexpected trip, so I tend to fill my Volvo up when I go to a filling station. From empty it's well over £120, but as I try to drum into the wife, if you top up as soon as it gets to half full your average costs per mile are no different to if you let the warning light come on (for days in her case....).

Generally tend to fill up half a tank, unless of course I am doing a long journey!! It is just the thought of carrying around an extra 30 litres of weight and if you pick up and if you don't think that is a lot, try carrying 4x 2L coke bottles!!

Though for myself a habit more than anything.

Guest Budz86

Generally around £30 a time, tends to last the week but probably I'm not doing more than 70-80 miles tops....but there are a number of long dual carriage-ways on my regular routes:D

sunday morning on way to Japfest (that i never even made) we "topped" mine up from just under a 1/4 tank to brimmed for a tidy sum of £108 :faint:

How is that possible?

Mine goes from about 20miles into the red light to a notch over half with 50 quid (35litres).

It's a 70l tank and there's still well over a gallon left when the red light is on. Unless yours has a UK fuel tank? That's make your car hold 75 litres plus your empty reserved plus what was already in there :o

I never get a lot off driving in the supra so it was always £20 to £30 for the last three years, but then it's only out four or five times a year, it was officially off the road for 11 months (due to getting married)

We took the car for a round trip off Ireland for are honeymoon and I was shocked to see £100 just about filled it, when I first bought in 2006 £60 filled

It's sad times although ill never sell or complain off fuel as I enjoy driving when I dig her out off the garden :)

How is that possible?

Mine goes from about 20miles into the red light to a notch over half with 50 quid (35litres).

It's a 70l tank and there's still well over a gallon left when the red light is on. Unless yours has a UK fuel tank? That's make your car hold 75 litres plus your empty reserved plus what was already in there :o

120 to fill mine with v power from the E

i never use normal tesco fuel and other normal fuels, runs like shit

Edited by ashbuster (see edit history)

How is that possible?

75 litres.... only ever use v-power at nearly £1.50 p/l easily adds up :)