The mkiv Supra Owners Club

club events/meets lack of people

TT Paul

what are your thoughts??

a few yrs ago things were great always loads of people cars etc.. but its gone down alot!! the clubs still doing well but events are lacking interest!!:(

is it money,time,family the list goes on.. maybe it'll pick up ???

discuss

I think the last 2 big shows have been a success, good ammount in the convoys and represented the club well in shows. We do a monthly meet at bluewater which has always pulled the numbers too. I think the weather has been the main let down this year but overal i think its been good.

your ways good for meets hants is not too good, pod was good but still had 30 odd tickets goto sky..

pod was good but still had 30 odd tickets goto sky..

I think the whole show in general was not 'BUSY' like they have been in the past, its not just the supra club. I think alot of it is due to money. I still think its been pretty good this year, enough to keep us on the map anyway.

Does not help Jamesy having the craps the other day, the show really could have done with the REAL doluck supra there!

Scottish meets are generally a success...main reason for missing them is work commitments, but it's a monthly meet in Glasgow so there is never long until the next one.:)

You guys work?.. i was always under the impression that scottish people just drank ironbru all day and sang songs around a fire in a feild...

It's money for me, I'm afraid.

I can't spare the money for fuel that much, and don't really enjoy shows. I'm not really into the whole modified car scene, as it's always seemed a bit chavvy to me.

Maybe I should get along to some, to change my opinion :)

It's money for me, I'm afraid.

I can't spare the money for fuel that much, and don't really enjoy shows. I'm not really into the whole modified car scene, as it's always seemed a bit chavvy to me.

Maybe I should get along to some, to change my opinion :)

I kinda know where you're coming from with that. I love modified cars, but not into "the scene" - very chavvy for the most part, and most of them give us a bad name. But, I'm also not into whole idea of being marshalled around, told what to do, when to do it etc, I like to do what I want when I want. So for that, I tend not to do many shows. Plus, I like events - where you take part - not shows.

Edited by johnny g (see edit history)

Bluewater meets are fairly busy, we normally get around 20 cars per meet on a monthly basis. Though the Bluewater meet is normally just us all catching up & having a good old chinwag!!

I think the modifying scene is getting smaller, money has a lot to do with it & with youngsters nowadays having to fork out thousands for insurance they most likely to get any bog standard car.

Also another thing, not sure if I am the only one who thinks this but I notice a lot of the youngsters nowadays are not into cars?! Compared to when I was growing up, most of my friends were in the modified scene!

Bluewater meets are fairly busy, we normally get around 20 cars per meet on a monthly basis. Though the Bluewater meet is normally just us all catching up & having a good old chinwag!!

I think the modifying scene is getting smaller, money has a lot to do with it & with youngsters nowadays having to fork out thousands for insurance they most likely to get any bog standard car.

Also another thing, not sure if I am the only one who thinks this but I notice a lot of the youngsters nowadays are not into cars?! Compared to when I was growing up, most of my friends were in the modified scene!

This, a lot of my friends don't even drive :blink:

We were surprised at the lack of meets too after being away from the club (apart from the odd visit) for the last 2-3 years. When we had our first Supe there were the monthly meets at The Bubble in Derby but there doesn't seem to be anything regular around here anymore, despite there being a few of us locally. Maybe we're all just anti social :)

I kinda know where you're coming from with that. I love modified cars, but not into "the scene" - very chavvy for the most part, and most of them give us a bad name. But, I'm also not into whole idea of being marshalled around, told what to do, when to do it etc, I like to do what I want when I want. So for that, I tend not to do many shows. Plus, I like events - where you take part - not shows.

I'm exactly the same, I like modified cars but I am not into the "scene" either, I am more into Race car scene now.

You would see me more if there were more track days arranged by the club, but there aren’t any and probably won’t be either as no one will commit to one.

I find that quite strange as there are a number of cars on here which are solely used for track action.

Don’t get me wrong though, I think meets are good and have been to quite a few local ones, I even arranged a few myself, However I was put off on the last one (not arranged by me) when a couple of members (which will remain nameless) came into the car park sideways, did a couple of doughnuts and made us all look like a bunch of bad mannered chavs.

I haven’t been on one since (which is probably almost 2 years ago now).