The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will this polish out?

john88

All joking aside I'm hoping for people's opinions on whether my recent crash damage is repairable or I'm going to need a reshell. :(

I lost traction coming out of quarry at castle combe at weekend and after a few rotations I came to rest in the tyres. Most of the damage is cosmetic and looks a lot worse than it is. I want to rebuild over winter and get back out there for next years round of track days :eyebrows:

My main concern is the rear quarter and boot floor:

Everything else is cosmetic really, and I walked away only a little sore and choking from the airbags.

but here is what is left :(

The door gap looks ok and opens/closes fine, So I'm hoping the chassis hasn't been twisted.

As I said in the spotted thread, All the staff at Castle Combe were absolutely fantastic, very professional, quick to react, and have been a great help to not make the situation any worse for me than it was.

So what do others with more supra repair experience than myself think? are there any repair panels available for the rear quarter? Bestow your knowledge and experience please...

Guest aspire

jesus, i would say it was a write off if you were going down the insurance route, however some policies offer track day cover, maybe worth a quick call1

Looks bad fella, I wouldn't like to try repairing that :( I done the rear quater of my last supra and managed to jig it out, it wasn't as bad as yours mind.

The wing is easy repaired but Its the rear suspension arms etc I'd be checking as mine were a complete mess and had to rebuild the lot !

Whats it drive like, is there any suspension damage leading to the wheels being out of

line toe and camber wise ?

Rear quarter repair panel is £370 + vat from Toyota

It drives with some arch rub, I need to pry the rear quarter out and then give it a test. All the wheels look to point right and there's no noticeable camber change.

jesus, i would say it was a write off if you were going down the insurance route, however some policies offer track day cover, maybe worth a quick call1

Didn't have track insurance, I will next year though :(

Looks bad fella, I wouldn't like to try repairing that :( I done the rear quater of my last supra and managed to jig it out, it wasn't as bad as yours mind.

The wing is easy repaired but Its the rear suspension arms etc I'd be checking as mine were a complete mess and had to rebuild the lot !

I'm looking to get it on a jig but wanted peoples opinions on if its even worth it.

Your exhaust !!!

I liked that exhaust :(

the camber is defo out on the n/s/r wheel. will need a full qtr at least. not just the outer skin. ive had a few like this and it can twist the chassis. one i picked up on last sat was similar, has twisted the whole back end over...rear frame and all....

you'll be shocked at how far in that damage has gone... take up the rear seats and carpet. My bet is its creased all under there.

Pick up a cheap shell and go from there, Even a Cheap N/A auto or something for £1500, swap all the bits over a few weeks yourself and sell the remaining parts from the split of the N/A auto. you'll make some of your money back that way and maybe even help a few people out and have some spares for you if you stil want to do trackdays

Well I've managed to pry the rear quarter away from the tyre so I'll just have to give it a drive on some private land and see if it crabs or at least goes it a straight line. I was looking to start work on it as a project this winter.... just didn't plan on starting it this way :rolleyes:

you'll be shocked at how far in that damage has gone... take up the rear seats and carpet. My bet is its creased all under there.

Pick up a cheap shell and go from there, Even a Cheap N/A auto or something for £1500, swap all the bits over a few weeks yourself and sell the remaining parts from the split of the N/A auto. you'll make some of your money back that way and maybe even help a few people out and have some spares for you if you stil want to do trackdays

That does seem a very sensible idea, I think that might be the way forward if I'm honest

I have seen alot less damage and being written off, looks very bad to me.

yes 100% total loss (if it went through the insurance) ive had them in with scratches and they have been wrote off! all depends whos assessing it and what mood they are in! We get different guys comming around here to look at customers cars which have been wrote off etc. you'll be amazed at the differences between them.

i.e one supra na aerotop...keyed down 2 sides....cat d!

tt auto...front end smashed to peices, both legs bent etc etc....cat d!

looking at this one it would need a few bits...airbags, sensor, module, exhaust, wing, qtr, bumper, rear panel etc etc...

poss door, skirt, rear frame parts?

My advise take a proper look at it before you decide...have a closer look underneath at the rear frame and arms and fuel tank etc...

Theres been a few shells on hear lately very cheap, i would look into getting a shell and swapping over what you can, i dont think its worth all the effort to put it right, when a re-shell would be cheaper and easier, unlucky dude, but why didnt you have track insurance?

unlucky dude, but why didnt you have track insurance?

I couldn't honestly tell you, It just one of those things that hasn't crossed my mind. I've been doing track days for years and just never had it. I will have in the future though!

as keron said check the rear sub frame, but it would be better/easier to reshell have your self a nice tt aero top

Never been a fan of anything without a roof, But If I see a decent shell I think that's the best option.