The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WANTED - a ride in a 850bhp supra

Carbon_Bullet

Thinking about upping the power in my personnel car to about 850 ATW , now befor I go ahead with it all I'd like to feel the power difference an experience in such a car,

A few members on here say about 850 is the max power range for road car is potentially the limit

If these anyone in Cambridgeshire willing to do such a thing please drop me a PM

In the middle of possable sorting a deal on further engine components etc

Thanks

As above, I've not got an 800whp Supe but looking at going to between 600-700whp soon and from talking to a lot of people who've been there and done that 600-700whp seems to be the most streetable amount power.

But no doubt you will have a lot of fun if/when you reach 850whp :D

Is it to much to handle or just a pain in the arse?

Close enough take me out

I was only joking.

But no 2 cars of equal power are going to feel the same, it depends on many things including the turbo setup. A 10 year old lag monster journal setup will feel entirely different to 850hp on a billet turbo.

Remember though, suspension and tyre changes can have a better impact on performance than a bigger turbo.

Not many left with a true 850 atw to get a ride off now, but it can be very fun :)

On pump fuel with 946 at the hubs I would make 28psi at 5k rpm and pull all the way to 9k.

Granted it was a 3.4, but a well specced 3.0 setup can perform the same.

With a built block, a billet 7175 and loads of boost you could make that power and it would be loads of fun.

But as said remember tyre choice and suspension will be key for big power setups.

If your sticking with a 3.0, go for a higher 9:1 compression setup.

If you match up the right head/ turbo setup with that engine, it will be very fun to drive.

Not many left with a true 850 atw to get a ride off now, but it can be very fun :)

On pump fuel with 946 at the hubs I would make 28psi at 5k rpm and pull all the way to 9k.

Granted it was a 3.4, but a well specced 3.0 setup can perform the same.

With a built block, a billet 7175 and loads of boost you could make that power and it would be loads of fun.

But as said remember tyre choice and suspension will be key for big power setups.

If your sticking with a 3.0, go for a higher 9:1 compression setup.

If you match up the right head/ turbo setup with that engine, it will be very fun to drive.

Sounds good, am using what I've got on my car already along with michel lanes HKS block and head, then sourcing a different turbo an fuel set up,

Don't really know what to think of the suspension but for me it's a great ride, an the Tryes are semi slic road race tyres brilliant grip on full throttle with current power

Breaking WHITE 1996 UK 6SP with high end parts

This HKS block has been full rebuilt using the new bearing and seals , the head has been cleaned and new value oil steams replaced . The head itself is a master piece , with fully ported valves and ferrea value train with oversize values .This head has extensive porting done to it and not just the standard port and polish, I believe the head cost in excesss of £4000 in 2007. The unit is shimmed with HKS 272 cams. All is needed is new cam seals.

I would like commitment on these items and no Dibbs, full payment and deposits will be taken on parts required . If you the buyer does not come up with the full amount within 2 weeks of the deposit, than the deposit will be lost and the parts available for sale . All larger items MUST be collect within 2 weeks of payment , smaller items can be shipped at the cost of the buyer. Shipping for parts may take 2-4 days depending on time of purchase .

I assure you that all these parts available are of top quality and EVERYTHING sold does not have any issues unless discribed otherwise . As with all high performance used parts , These are sold with no warranty. But as i said these parts would not be sold if there were any issues with them.

This shell will be sold without suspensions and brakes unless the buyer wishes to purchase them with the car . The body kit has been permanently attached to the car so it is not removable, the kit has been professionally done , with re-enforced foam on all cavities to prevent fractures when the body twists or moves.

Engine – Fully re-built block with HKS 87mmHKS pistons and Rods. ARP rod bolts ,ARP Headbolts clevite 77 race bearings, The crank has been balanced , Line bored, Polished Crank , Everything balanced,the block has been professional painted with high temp high gloss paint ,new Sound performance uprated oil pump , new piston tensioner,water pump , new knock sensors, new seals , high performance temp sealant on sump. This engine was tuned with no issues to 750hp @1.5bar prior to the re-build . This engine is built to handle 1000hp, most of the engines previously built by my engine builder were tuned from 700hp to 850hp with no issues . My current red car runs 661hp/650lbs @1.8bar with a small turbo.

Price : £3000

Head – Extensive polishing and porting. The full Ferrea dual valve train is utilized to allow high RPM use in the most rigorous of conditions.

Aftermarket valve seals, valve guides, dual springs, titanium retainers . The head comes with HKS 272cams which have been shimmed correctly . The head has been cleaned and ready to bolt on

Price-£2000

Breaking WHITE 1996 UK 6SP with high end parts

This HKS block has been full rebuilt using the new bearing and seals , the head has been cleaned and new value oil steams replaced . The head itself is a master piece , with fully ported valves and ferrea value train with oversize values .This head has extensive porting done to it and not just the standard port and polish, I believe the head cost in excesss of £4000 in 2007. The unit is shimmed with HKS 272 cams. All is needed is new cam seals.

I would like commitment on these items and no Dibbs, full payment and deposits will be taken on parts required . If you the buyer does not come up with the full amount within 2 weeks of the deposit, than the deposit will be lost and the parts available for sale . All larger items MUST be collect within 2 weeks of payment , smaller items can be shipped at the cost of the buyer. Shipping for parts may take 2-4 days depending on time of purchase .

I assure you that all these parts available are of top quality and EVERYTHING sold does not have any issues unless discribed otherwise . As with all high performance used parts , These are sold with no warranty. But as i said these parts would not be sold if there were any issues with them.

This shell will be sold without suspensions and brakes unless the buyer wishes to purchase them with the car . The body kit has been permanently attached to the car so it is not removable, the kit has been professionally done , with re-enforced foam on all cavities to prevent fractures when the body twists or moves.

Engine – Fully re-built block with HKS 87mmHKS pistons and Rods. ARP rod bolts ,ARP Headbolts clevite 77 race bearings, The crank has been balanced , Line bored, Polished Crank , Everything balanced,the block has been professional painted with high temp high gloss paint ,new Sound performance uprated oil pump , new piston tensioner,water pump , new knock sensors, new seals , high performance temp sealant on sump. This engine was tuned with no issues to 750hp @1.5bar prior to the re-build . This engine is built to handle 1000hp, most of the engines previously built by my engine builder were tuned from 700hp to 850hp with no issues . My current red car runs 661hp/650lbs @1.8bar with a small turbo.

Price : £3000

Head – Extensive polishing and porting. The full Ferrea dual valve train is utilized to allow high RPM use in the most rigorous of conditions.

Aftermarket valve seals, valve guides, dual springs, titanium retainers . The head comes with HKS 272cams which have been shimmed correctly . The head has been cleaned and ready to bolt on

Price-£2000

Well bud, I happen to have the perfect turbo setup for sale to go with that engine. It made 778 whp at only 1.5 bar with loads more to go. Would easily make 850 whp at 1.7 - 1.8 bar.