The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Placing a HKS SSQV BOV on a VVT-i TT

RastaMc

Hi guys.

I was wondering if someone could tell me in details where to place a HKS BOV on a VVT-i Twin motor. With pics if it's possible :D

I was trying to find some info on the web but I only got something at the AU Supra site. Not much off course, otherwise I didn't call for help here:d

I read about placing after the MAF.

But how? drilling the IC-pipe? Solder it?

And they talk about a recirculation valve that it's needed because of a VVT-i....:blink:

What do you do with the original BOV?

Does someone has experience with this?

Thanks

AFM based engines require the air that's taken in passed the sensor (at the air filter), to make it to the engine. This means you can't dump it to atmosphere. The VVTi uses an AFM (MAF) so you need a SSQV with a Recirculation kit. No reason not to have one just don't vent it to atmos unless you like your engine to run badly.

VVTi's aren't hard to tune and in fact they have more range with the stock components. They just need different parts at times from the non-vvti.