The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front plate location

drift_bear

Just a quick question about the location of my front plate.

I'm currently running my front plate on my dash and had no problem what so ever but I get a feeling that it will be due soon!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349104435.775404.jpg

If I attach my plate to the middle of The bumper on the lower part (see pic below) will I still get pulled for it, even though its on display on the outside of the car?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349104386.852674.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349104318.735049.jpg

I'm making myself a flip down plate built into my bumper, flick of a switch its there and then it can fold back up ;)

But looking at where it would on yours at the bottom I suppose you could get pulled as it may not be visible enough?

They can take a long run and jump if they think I'm making brackets!!

I've seen a number plate flipping kit on eBay but I think having something like that will ruin the clean look!

I would leave it until you do get pulled (if...) and sort it out then. If you're going to be a bear be a grizzly! :D

That gets me in trouble though lol, I will continue to run the ate on the dash untill I do get pulled though, was just wondering what the outcome would be...

Mate its not a points offence, you get a verble warning if your pulled, even if a speed camera van sees you not running a plate, and he hangs out to get your rear then you get a writen warning letter (done this to my last supra) . then its a small fine... Worth it if you ask me, cheaper than 3 points and the fine you would get for speeding is more. I've ran no plate for a year and a half on my current car and a year on my supra.

Edited by supra joe (see edit history)

Mine used to be cable tied to the mesh on the bumper.

Just an idea :)

I can't do anything like that cause it would get nicked when I'm offshore!

Fit a stock bumper and small plate, job done!

Why would I want to do that? It's already a small plate anyway!

Mate its not a points offence, you get a verble warning if your pulled, even if a speed camers van sees you not running a plate, hangd out to get your rear then you get a writen warning. then its a small fine... Worth it if you ask me, cheaper than 3 points and the fine you would get for speeding is more. I've ran no plate for a year and a half on my current car and a year on my supra.

I've already been a bad boy with the police on the way to pod this year lol, so I'm trying to avoid points just now lol. I thought it was a points offence?

No its not a points offence, they just tell you to put it on. I just keep mine in the footwell as it was on with double sided stickytape and fell off so I tell them that. I'm just pleasent with them fella and they usually just have a bit of banter, not the end of the world for either lol.