The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Damaged the Supra today

DodgyRog

Bit gutted to say the least, but it could of been a lot worse, so got to think myself lucky with the damage I got I guess

I was heading down to Plymouth for a Dyno Day with JapRiders and was cruising down the outside lane at the back of the convoy, when all of a sudden I notice something bouncing in front of me

Still not 100% sure what it was, I had no chance to avoid it, as we were in heavy traffic, so just had to wait for the impact and hope

Well all I heard was a really big bang, I couldn't really see as I was sort of ducking as I thought it might be heading for the windscreen

Anyway I pulled over at the next possible place to find this

In some ways I count myself lucky as it must of flown away from the car after impact, if it had hit a few inches to the right, it could of hit the headlight or bonnet and windscreen, roof or pillar

Anyway, looks like the Supra will be getting some more paint over the winter now, as well as the power upgrade

and here is the Dyno thread http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?277967-My-Dyno-Videos

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

It looked like a chunk of masonery of some sort, it looked about the size of my fist

To be honest I don't really don't have a clue what it was, at motorway speeds and about 10 car lengths to see it obviously was very long

All I can tell you it was hard, as the noise it made was really load and it has made a proper dent by the headlight

Get in touch with your local council, take pics of the damage and how it happened etc and if you can get any witnesses of it also, the may pay towards the cost, my mate done this after he hit a pit hole and bent his rim, the council paid for nearly the whole repair! :)

Get in touch with your local council, take pics of the damage and how it happened etc and if you can get any witnesses of it also, the may pay towards the cost, my mate done this after he hit a pit hole and bent his rim, the council paid for nearly the whole repair! :)

I can't see the council wanting to know Rob, it was just a bit of debris, it could of come from anywhere

I will just have to suck it up and cough up the £'s to sort it, it's just an accident at the end of the day

Potholes are a bit different as they are neglect

All that filler took the impact mate

Amazingly it got through the filler and managed to dent the metal underneath as well:p

As for cost, it won't be anything major, but I was trying to but all my cash into the TT Transplant and BPU upgrades

Guess I mihgt have to hold off on the other BPU bits for now, just have to wait and see what the situation financially is when an engine becomes available

Very sorry to see. Your car has had no expense spared when its come to its appearance and is a stunning example. But it's dying for a TT transplant. Hope it happens soon :)

Just need a TT engine to come up at a reasonable price now

Ooch...! Its a nightmare when this type thing happens and there is nothing you can do to avoid it.

Yeah totally gutting watching it bounce and not knowing where it's going to hit and being totally helpless to do anything at all but wait

Amazingly it got through the filler and managed to dent the metal underneath as well:p

As for cost, it won't be anything major, but I was trying to but all my cash into the TT Transplant and BPU upgrades

Guess I mihgt have to hold off on the other BPU bits for now, just have to wait and see what the situation financially is when an engine becomes available

Do the TT transplant first mate & enjoy stock then go BPU later fella ;)

As I said on FB, luck it was a wing, roof or windscreen would have been much worse!!

Do the TT transplant first mate & enjoy stock then go BPU later fella ;)

As I said on FB, luck it was a wing, roof or windscreen would have been much worse!!

To be honest Abz, I pretty much have all the BPU bits anyway now, just no TT engines around at the moment:rolleyes:

I only meed Clutch, fuel pump, 1st decat and restrictor ring