The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra (Christine) just locked me Out.

Caesard

I am beginning to think my supra is possessed. I went to ASDA to buy some groceries. On coming out and starting the Supe, she stalled when I put her in reverse. Never happened before on an autobox. After the 3rd attempt, I managed to back out of the parking bay and drive off with no inkling what had happened. Then drove over next door to McDonald's to get some food for my kids.

While there in the McDonald's car park on Old Kent Road, decided to have a quick root around in the bonnet to see if I can spot why the car stalled.

Got out of the car, left the engine running, and poked around the bonnet. Found and heard nothing out of the ordinary. Decided to close the bonnet and check tomorrow as it is 7.30pm this evening and already cold as heck, me in a T-shirt.

Went to the drivers side door and pulled on the handle, locked. I was like, what the heck is going on? Passenger side, no joy. Boot, bonnet, zilch. Car engine still on and draining my fuel. Started beating on the windows, screaming let me in (almost).

Meanwhile, a longish queue of cars was forming beside me in the drive-by and staring at this chap trying all the doors of this expensive looking sports car. Wonder what must have been going through their minds, hehehe.

Had to finally call my wife to drive the Jaguar from home and bring me my spare key. 15mins and one very cold and slightly wet man later, she arrived with the key.

I open the door with the spare key, get and turn off the car ignition, and removed the key and horror of all horrors, the engine was still on with no key in the ignition.

There I go running screaming into the night.

I had similar in my old supra. Drove through an automatic car wash. Jumped out to unfold the mirrors and as I ran around to the passenger side I heard the central locking 'clunk'.

Engine was running with keys in the engine too. Never did find out why that happened.

Had to slip a local AA man £5 to pop the window with a shoe horn thingie.

Yep, Clifford 650 Concept. If alarm, is it the alarm brain frying or on the Fritz, or what? This might happen far way from my house and cause me unnecessary hassle, grief and expense.

I have recently installed a Clifford 650 Concept, mine one better not act up.

okay note to self if i am out of the car for whatever the reason make sure the windows are down if the engine is running.