The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK glass headlights electric adjuster

kniff_666

i will be upgrading my pre-facelift JDM plastic headlights to some UK glass spec headlights at the weekend.

Looking at the back of the UK unit and they seem to have an electronic adjuster for the headlight? is that right?

It does not look like my current lights have this.

If it is in fact the electronic adjuster then i will need some sort of switch inside the car to control it; so do i need a control switch and if so where from?

cool

many thanks for the help guys.

i just hope that all the electrical connectors are the same fitment between J-spec and UK-spec

Yes the plugs will fit.

The headlight bulbs are different on the UK and J-spec headlights, the J-spec headlight bulbs will fit in the UK headlights but the body diameter of the low beam bulb is 2mm narrower than the UK headlight bulb so *may* not seal properly.

The correct bulbs for the UK headlights are low beam - 9006/HB4, high beam - 9005/HB3

• 3 weeks later...

I've installed the Uk lights, and originally wired up the headlight level motors to a generic 4 position switch, (after working outthe wiring) but now I've bought a switch and lower right hand dash panel (same as Uk spec) from Keron

I can email wiring diagram to anyone later

It's really simple and handy to be able to adjust the beam heights, the adjustment screws on the Uk lights are onl really "fine tune" adjusters and for coarse height adjustment you really need to power up the electric adjusters

I've installed the Uk lights, and originally wired up the headlight level motors to a generic 4 position switch, (after working outthe wiring) but now I've bought a switch and lower right hand dash panel (same as Uk spec) from Keron

I can email wiring diagram to anyone later

It's really simple and handy to be able to adjust the beam heights, the adjustment screws on the Uk lights are onl really "fine tune" adjusters and for coarse height adjustment you really need to power up the electric adjusters

Instead of using the 3 screws you can use the white plastic toggle on the back of the electric motor and adjust it manually with a philips screw driver. It only takes a few seconds :) Adjusting in car is obv much better, but using the white toggle is far better than the 3 screws.

Edit: If you want to adjust it in situ, you'll need a 8mm socket, it slides straight over the white toggle then you can adjust it easily in a few seconds.

Edited by SupraDan24 (see edit history)