The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre suggestions

Guest neil111

Guest neil111

Hi, just bought my supra and the tyres are looking a bit worse for wear! looking to replace all 4, at the moment its running Falken 265/35/18 rear and 235/40/18 front.

Can anyone confirm if these sizes are ok and recommend any brands please?

Cheers, Neil.

Tyre choice is often a personal thing.

Personally, as track days don't feature high on my list of priority's I look at road noise and wear rate.

From experience, Michelin Pilot Sports, Bridgestone Potenza RE040, Pirelli P7000 and Uniroyal Rainsports have suited my needs when fitted to BMW's 3 Series.

I am about to get some Pirelli P Zero Assimetrico's fitted to my new wheels (235/40 9/18 , 275/35 10/18) as I believe these too will do the business with regard to noise and wear.

Speak to a reputable tyre supplier. That may be easier said than done. :D

Eagle F1's seem to suit the MKIV as well as any reasonably priced tyre, good dry, excellent in the wet. Most Bridgestones seem OK, as do most Yokohamas. Michelin Pilot Sport Cups seem good in the wet. Worst tyres from a supposedly reputable maker are Avons, I have driven 2 MKIV's on these, different types of Avons on each, both were bordering on dangerous in the wet. Quite appalling lack of grip, which was lost totally unprogressively, to make things even worse.

I'll second that Nick!

The SO2's I had on when I brought the car were brilliant! I replaced them with Toyo Proxes, and to be honest, they are no where near as good. The SO2's gave me confidence in the corners but the Toyo's dont at all, plus the rears are almost shot and the fronts are hardly worn at all (which is probably down to the fact I like to light up the rears alot! ;) )

I'll probably go F1's on the rears, they seem to get a good review. :thumbs: