The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra Technical Blunders

Whitelightning

Oi - we didnt have time to change the lights for the ECBR2003, they were crappy J-Spec and yellow.

Ok its a fair cop :)

(You think thats my WORST mod ? Aww come on I can do better than that - better keep it a secret lol !)

Anyway - I sorted it out 2 months later with some nice glass ones:

http://www.wlnet.co.uk/images/Events/Bruntingthorpe240404/mini-DSCF0223.JPG

Originally posted by Whitelightning

Oi - we didnt have time to change the lights for the ECBR2003, they were crappy J-Spec and yellow.

Ok its a fair cop :)

(You think thats my WORST mod ? Aww come on I can do better than that - better keep it a secret lol !)

Anyway - I sorted it out 2 months later with some nice glass ones:

http://www.wlnet.co.uk/images/Events/Bruntingthorpe240404/mini-DSCF0223.JPG

I dunno the white covers on the wipers are coming a close second dude !!!!;)

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by dangerous brain

MMM perhaps I really do need to get a restrictor ring as mine keeps boosting to 1.5 bar. Should it really do that though with a blitz boost controller?

Depends what you've got it set to! It can't lower boost, only raise it. Turn it off and see what you get, and if it's still high get a ring...

Originally posted by SimonB

Depends what you've got it set to! It can't lower boost, only raise it. Turn it off and see what you get, and if it's still high get a ring...

Turn it off? OK how does one do that? At the moment all its seems to do is make the defi gauge beep when it hits 1.15 bar? Its then up to the driver to take their foot off the loud pedal if they don't want any more boost.

Originally posted by Clarkey_Sparkey

Brian - I'd be inclined to ...

Raise the defi warning to 1.25 bar ...

Get a Restrictor Ring for 0.8 Bar ... then use the Boost Controller to Raise to 1.2Bar.

That way you have complete control on the boost between 0.8 Bar & 1.2 Bar.

A .8 bar restrictor ring !!!!! whats he gonna use ??? a washer !!!!:D

Dude:flame Dev

What about actual Toyota c*ck ups?

The Aerotop roof panel is *just* too big to fit in the boot without a bit of side to side jiggery pokery (as detailed on the official Toyota label that hangs from the boot strut). If they had made the boot opening a mere 2 inches wider at the back the panel would drop straight in. Maybe the aerotop idea was only thought of afterwards, but if it managed to get through all the drawings with that mistake intact... well, not good.

Oh gawd, you don't wanna drive one. Horrible things - with the roof out they shake, rattle and roll more than... er... whoever it was who sang 'Shake Rattle and Roll'.

And I got sunburnt the last time I had the roof out.

And when the panel sits in the boot there's hardly any room for anything else.

So all round then it's a terrible idea. Avoid.