The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Poor running issue - possible thoughts.

ellis

Small problem just developing - mainly from cold until the car is warmed through but when I apply throttle, nothing happens, hesitation, then after a few seconds it all kicks back in with a bit of a bump. I can put my foot down and I get nothing at all - quite strange. Seems to go away when warm but acceleration is definitely down on what it was at all times - just not reactive at all - seems sluggish and out of sorts. Exhaust note seems to have changed too. I've got it booked in for Monday for diagnostics but I know some of you guys have extreme knowledge of all things so I'm after thoughts and ideas before I drop her off Monday.

She needs an oil service anyway but this problem reared it's head before I went on holiday and is still here 10 days later.

Thoughts?

Edited by ellis (see edit history)

Could it be a blocked injector, poor/no spark - something along those lines where one of more cylinders aren't getting the fuel they expect, so the ECU is trying to sort it (via what it sees at the O2 sensor, which will be misleading if it's an inconsistent fault i.e. the cylinders aren't behaving equally) and as a result is bu66ering up the fuelling and/or timing and/or throttle position - any and all of which could cause what you're seeing, AIUI.