The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mot mileage/kilometres.

Nick85

This is why I had my odo converted to read the correct mileage upon import - didn't want a mix of km and miles that you so often hear of on for sale threads.

I want this doing on mine as it was in KM untill imported now in miles, at least i have the documentation to prove it i suppose.

Who would you use to change the reading on the clocks?

Just take it back and point out their mistake.

I had this a few years ago with my NA. A day later they gave me a certificate in KM and all my history looked right.

This could put off a potential buyer in the future so don't take any chances. The MOT station should have asked you what it was clocking up in ideally.

H.

On the MOT system the tester will put in whether the vehicle is miles or km for the ODO reading and this will show on the test Certificate. If its km and says miles he has just enterted it wrong on the system

Mines always run up in km since import and has km's on all MOT's, I wouldnt buy an import having a (mixture) of the two.

Mines always run up in km since import and has km's on all MOT's, I wouldnt buy an import having a (mixture) of the two.

Me neither as the true mileage is a guess at best. My car arrived at Jurgens with 91,000 Km on the clock and also on the Japanese auction sheet. It was then converted to miles on import so we have a true line of at what point it was changed over and it now clocks up in miles accurately.

I can't believe people pay money for cars that are a mixture of miles and kms without an accurate date or mileage of when it was done.

Me neither as the true mileage is a guess at best. My car arrived at Jurgens with 91,000 Km on the clock and also on the Japanese auction sheet. It was then converted to miles on import so we have a true line of at what point it was changed over and it now clocks up in miles accurately.

I can't believe people pay money for cars that are a mixture of miles and kms without an accurate date or mileage of when it was done.

I've got a bit of an OCD, once the car is converted to mph, knowing the speedo is in km would drive me nuts. My MOT is due soon as I am planning on doing it then. At least I'll have an accurate date it was changed so the history is well known. Plus my mileage was stamped on my import certificate, though I know where you are coming from.

I've got a bit of an OCD, once the car is converted to mph, knowing the speedo is in km would drive me nuts. My MOT is due soon as I am planning on doing it then. At least I'll have an accurate date it was changed so the history is well known. Plus my mileage was stamped on my import certificate, though I know where you are coming from.

My NA had a mph speedo but clocked up in kms. As long as the mileage is consistent then it isn't a problem. My TT clocks up in miles and the speedo is the same so perfect for my OCD. The problem I have is when a car is for sale with no history or paperwork to confirm when the car was converted. The mileage then is anyones guess. I have also seen cars that clock up a Km every mile therefore suggesting the mileage is lower. My mate bought one and we realised on the way home that it had done only 2/3 of the expected miles home..!!

It was subsequently returned for a refund.

Edited by Havard (see edit history)