The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do luck front with intercooler piping?

Kaan W

Well im just trying to find out basically what pipe I need from the intercooler to manifold to avoid cutting the bumper like here -

This is the pipe thats there now joining to a kind of long "S" shaped one into the manifold -

Does anyone know what pipe I need? Thanks :)

You can put the dump valve any where on the pipework fella, could you not shorten the bend slightly and move your coooler closer to the rad?

Yeah I suppose I could now ive removed the aircon stuff. Just means I need to find a welder that can modify the pipework, unless theres a pre made pipe you can get?

Mine was never cut, not sure what diameter my pipe was. You could put on a smaller diameter pipe but then you would need to get another bov flange and weld that onto the new pipe and new silicon joiners to fit the new pipe

Its 3" but even reducing to a 2" will still only give me another half inch clearance. it seems as if the pipe needs to be back another 2" to clear.

What about moving the intercooler down ? then the pipe would sit below the vent

That would have to move down a long way to clear the vent and you'll see half an intercooler poppin up in the gap. I reckon I can move the intercooler back a couple of inches then cut the new bumper back as neccesary.

Its close, but mine has got a different radius on the rounded part at the bottom.

Just been out and lay them together to give you an idea, would have took a picture in palce but the car is in pieces lol

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo66/Suprad06/DSC06837.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo66/Suprad06/DSC06839.jpg

Thanks mate exactly what I need. I'll probably end up making one once the coolers in place out of couplers and 90 bends.