The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PT 6266 mapped today

Golfpro

Got the new turbo mapped today and after a few hickups I'm really pleased with the result.:D

Dimitri got me to do a dozen or so motorway pulls on wastegate spring boost to get things started before we headed for the dyno.

As the wastegate spring was 1.2 bar, things were pretty interesting very quickly! 150 leptrons in 5th gear :help:

Then on the last pull the intercooler pipe blew off!

We drove to the dyno and patched things up. But three pulls later the pipe blew again.:rolleyes:

6266 1.2 bar.jpg

As you can see it was making reasonable power on the last run (1.2 bar and the pipe popped at only 5500 rpm!)

Took the car to Colin at SSI to get it up on the lift to sort out the pipework.

As the dyno was booked for the rest of the day, Dimitri suggested finishing off on the road.

The first pull hit 1.9 bar.:faint: Obviously there must have been a small boost leak earlier?

An hour of pulls later and at 1.6 bar it was pulling hard and smooth.

I'll have to get it back to the dyno to see what the final numbers actually are.