The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gonna buy a supra soon

Guest ilahi

Hey guys looking to buy a supra in a couple of months some guidance before i buy would be great.

So, I know this might sounds crazy but im only about to get my driving permit soon. I been driving since i was like 10 though around my neighborhood. Ive absolutely have loved speed and supras for as long as ive been alive lol. Towards the summer im gonna be looking to get a supra.

What I need to know is if I should get one that is already modded or build one up myself? High HP is not a problem since ive driven my brothers modded z06 pleanty of times. But even If i do get a stock one I want to build it up that its pushing anywhere from 1000 to 1500 hp. What do I have to watch out for and common problems with the mods? If I do get a stock one where do I start from and how much is a setup like 900hp gonna cost?

Hmm It costs a hell of a lot of money to build up a decent spec engine from stock but if you are going to buy one that is already done I'd make sure you have lots of history to back up the build. Heard too many horror stories of people laying out lots of money on a "spec'd engine" only to find they didn't get what they thought they were getting.

Good luck finding the right one.

Yes I agree. But Unlike any other teen Im not gonna go full out on regular street because I know what it can do and that i can be out of control. Also i race go-karts and have driven other cars 500+hp , so it wont be to bad. Also hows the reliability on the built motors? And the tranny because its handling so much power?

If i want to build it myself id probably buy one for like 20k. If im buying one with like 600+ hp id probably go up to 30.

Also whats the difference between the single and the twin. How big of a difference would it make?

16 yr old old with 600+hp car....r.i.p

we all know how we drive when we get out first cars....like nobs :D but still good luck with it matey, get some pics up when you get one

oh and i 22 now, got mine a 20 and nearly stacked it on the first drive :blink: young guys and fast cars is a dangerous mix dudeeeee

Edited by tkddav3 (see edit history)

Hi, Welcome.

Good luck buying a car on this UK based forum as the car's here are not permitted for import to the USA until they are 25 years old at a minimum.

I was the same before i drove one... "I want 6-700bhp" etc etc, then i went BPU and realised its more than enough for me on the roads for now... maybe once im bored in years to come and have a LOT more driving skill than i do now.

Best of luck with your search mind.