The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil Filters Stock Vs Aftermarket

Geo

So be ordering some Oil and Filters over the weekend, and was wondering about the Filtration on the filters.

Now i used to use the stock, then i moved onto the Lexus V8 filter, as these are bigger, holds more oil, and has better internals. see links below

Toyota/ Lexus Oil Filters - Stock 08922-02011 vs Lexus V8 90915-20004

Size comparison on filters

Now the Lexus filter 90915-20004 is now been superceded with part number 90915-YZZJ4 which i've not yet tried. And should in theory be the same size as the old filter, i'll report back on this once i install my new one.

Looking for peoples thoughts on the Oil Filters folks? what you have used, price, size etc etc.

Thanks

I have a K&N one on mine for the main reason that there's a nut attached to the end which makes it really easy to get off. Plus it's a reputable company. Pretty cheap off eBay too :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-N-KN-OIL-FILTER-fits-TOYOTA-SUPRA-3-0-1986-1998-HP-1002-/130600075987?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e685f02d3#ht_1309wt_1303

I have a K&N one on mine for the main reason that there's a nut attached to the end which makes it really easy to get off. Plus it's a reputable company. Pretty cheap off eBay too :)

:yeahthat:

I really enjoy the manliness of hammering a screwdriver through something that annoys me.

But also that! :D

K&N nut on the end sounds like a brilliant and simple idea but I really enjoy the manliness of hammering a screwdriver through something that annoys me.:D

The nut is a great idea if you know how to fit an oil filter properly. The 1.4 vw/seat engine has this & nearly every one i get in for a service it has been way over tightened & just brakes the bolt of anyway. This leading to alot of swearing & name calling lol. The last one i had i had to put a oil filter vice grip type with a long bar attached to remove it, this was after snapping 2 filter straps.