The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Choosing a garage to perform a single turbo conversion, what should be agreed?

Brazil

I would feel super awkward telling lee how long he should have my car and price range etc .. surely it is what it is ? , i understand about budgets and parts but what happens if you hit a problem halfway through that will use all your allocated funds ? .. does that then leave the said garage with a half done car until you raise funds ?

Not sure how lee calculates it all or whether he does a payment plan .. monthly instalments would be awesome ;)

No real point setting a budget with the garage, so many things could need sorting during the conversion what are you going to do, not do them!!

Have a contingency budget of at least 25% IMO or there could be tears

Sounds like a good idea, although easier said than done sometimes. Very easy to just spend the extra on more parts!

Personally I'd be speaking to both mapper and garage for advice on parts, potential problems, timescales and suggested budget. Then, buy various parts (all at once would be nice but spaced over a few months wouldn't matter) and make sure I was saving for the rough labour costs, although at the start of a build you wouldn't get an exact figure I suspect. Also, as Dean said above, make sure you have some spare cash for extra parts/labour. Agree a date to drop the car off, then cross your fingers you don't get too many problems along the way!

Lee p all the way..doesnt do payment plans as far as im aware but did keep me in the loop and was open all the way through..honest..takes pride in his work n knows his stuff!!

You know it !! would only use lee or Austec as i find them both extremely helpful in there own ways. Will be using lee for my single build in January/ February Cant wait :)