The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Officially BPU

SNIPERTT

Last time I posted was about a year ago when I bought my J spec GZ TT aero top and thanks to paul and the guys at Whifbitz I'm officially BPU and I can't wipe the stupid grin off my face [GRIN][/GRIN] I have no idea how to upload photos from my iPad there's a few bits I've done and I really want to show off the car and see what you guys think so if anyone can help with instructions on how to upload photos it'd be much appreciated

Are you Josh's evil twin where you have an overbearing compulsion to do the exact opposite he does? Because that man can post the crap out of this Forum.

Could post the crap out of this forum :D:p

Congrats on going BPU, and I hope you manage to get the pictures up :thumbs:

Right now thats sorted might as well go through what Ive done sorry not many photos i use my phone and have lost loads of photos over the year when I changed my phone .....

When I got the car the dash had that horrible (In my opinion) wooden effect all over it so that had to, go no doubt you guys all know what a nightmare it is to get off and then all that nasty black rubbery tuff thats all over everything too :banghead: When it was all done the whole lot got sanded, the idea was so that anything that was going to go over it would have a good key. This unfortunately is where Ive lost photos ..... Anyway my first idea was to wrap everything in carbon fibre effect vinyl so the door handles, gearstick surround and ashtray got covered in that but i didnt want to try doing the main dash panels until I had a practice so i got some cheap yellow vinyl and had a go ... this was the result.....

So the interior honestly looked a mess some bits carbon other bits yellow and to make things worse the viny started lifting and bubbling in the weeks that followed, so I abandoned that idea and decided to sort out the sounds.

Everything about this car was original apart from the wheels and that it had been lowered (dont ask by how much I dont have a clue) so I still had the old double din stereo in it and the crappy old speakers that by now had just deteriorated into nothing. In went an old Ripspeed stereo with flip up screen and the speakers all got changed to kenwood fronts and ripspeed rears Im not too fussed about havin a major install at the moment just something that sounds half decent but still wacked a sub in the boot ...

The template for the door mounts was a lifesaver

For those of you who noticed these are recent pics as i said before I lost loads from earlier in the year when all this first got done hence the blue dash and handles rather than carbon fibre and yellow ....

Interior wise thats it really Ive sprayed the dash, gearstick surround, ashtray, door handles (Dont think I did too bad considering it was all done with a rattle can in my shed) in a metallic blue, changed the dials to some plasma glow ones and with the help of a guide thanks to the forum converted all the dash control lights to blue LEDs .........

Im going to try and get some pics at night these dont do it justice

I reconditioned the headlights too took them apart and sprayed them...... Ive got to get some glass ones im constantly polishing these jspec ones to get that yellow staining off the front and when the lights are on it lets the whole car down cos the plastic shows up all the impurities ........

recently my front badge snapped in half when I was cleaning the car and I wanted to get something different .......... this one was intended to go on the back of a car but i thought it woiuld look nice on the front it sits a bit high so at some point Im going to get it set into the bumper but thats probably a long way off .....

The great thing about this badge is look what happens when i flick a little switch on the dash ...

heres a few pics of the engine bay.... when i took out the stock air box i had to do something about trying to stop the hot air getting into the filter area so I got a sheet of aluminium from B&Q and made some kind of a heat shield, granted it doesnt look like much but it definately helps ...

Sprayed a few covers too next thing that has to be done is the TRD brace and the spark plug cover all in the same blue Ive already got some nice new stainless bolts for the cover just need to get it done .... Ive run a strip of LEDs all round the engine bay too it looks great at night need to get some good quality photos though the phone just cant hack it ....