The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hose differences 1jz 2jz

paul21uk

hey guys im doing a 1jz gte conversion but problem is i never got any hoses with the engine i mean the ones that come from the engine to components such as the coolant ones for example... my question is are there any hoses from the 2jge that mate up with the 1jzgte other than the lower coolant hose as i dont wanna splash out extra cash where its not needed thanks

you'll need the top hose for the rad as the piping is on the other side for the 2jzge.

we also used hoses at the back of the engine that were originally on the 2jzgte,

aircon pipes, don't fit on 1jzgte either.

I've just finsihed a 1jzgte conversion, so if you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask...

by the way the wiring the hardest bit,!

so everything else coming of a 2jzGE goes straight on the 1jzGTE then other than the bits just mentioned f

you'll need the top hose for the rad as the piping is on the other side for the 2jzge.

we also used hoses at the back of the engine that were originally on the 2jzgte,

aircon pipes, don't fit on 1jzgte either.

I've just finsihed a 1jzgte conversion, so if you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask...

by the way the wiring the hardest bit,!

pretty much, I used the same gearbox pipes from the 1jzgte rather than the ones on the 2Jzge, and you need to change over the reservoir for the PAS NA one is no good.

if its an auto make sure you keep the Torque convertor attached to the gearbox, rather than the flywheel.

If your doing a proper job, I'd recommend changing the timing belt, water pump, oil pump, aux belt. Camshaft seals, whilst you have the engine out, much easier to do before its sitting in the car.