The mkiv Supra Owners Club

jap built or uk built????

slowboy

here i go again setting the record straight again our so called stillway drag car which we bought in japan . this car may have done drag racing in japan but when we bought it it was set up for track use. we changed the suspension,brakes,diff,prop, and engine management and have done various mods to the engine which has allowed us to take the car from 11sec runs when it arived in the country to 9.9sec runs both at santa pod.the engine overheated at totb 3 due to a wiring prob with the fans and twisted the block we are now building a new engine using only the inlet manifold and the turbo from the old engine. so next year we will have a new engine a new gearbox plus all the earlier mods,only the shell,roll cage ,manifold and turbo which has been rebuilt twice are being used. tell me will this car still be a off the shelf jap built race car or can we at crd get the credit for building next years car? or will it still not be a uk built car please reply with all answers asap regards to all alex

who cares as long as you pushing the supra image forward. good luck to you. keep us updated with your plans.

not many big power cars over here doing as good as your car at the moment. there was all that crap last year or so with the skyline owners importing jap racers. always good to see something built here do well. just good to see anytop jap car in action. what is your turbo as i think i got it down as a t88 on the drag list. :thumbs:

Guest Ben @ GT-C.com

yeah as the other guys have said... who cares, why let it bother you.. your biz is jap imports, so makes more sense than UK built.

Shame your supra couldn't make jap show @ Pod. I hope she gets low 9's in next years Pro Drag

Maybe this post confused me

The fastest Supra in Japan comes to England...

Guys and Gals,

One of my suppliers has let me know about a car that was sent from Japan recently.

It is one of the fastest Street Supras in Japan without any doubt.

The power is a shade under 900bhp (at the crank) running 2.2bar or 850ish at 2 bar.

The engine is all there, stroker kit, all the internals done, T51R KAI turbo, no filter!, 1000cc injectors, headwork, 90mm throttle and big intake manifold,

Its all stripped out inside, fuel cell in the boot, chrome moly 8 point cage, stack dash.

Uprated and blueprinted transmission, OS Giken triple plate, uprated diff, ratio changes.

On the bodywork side its fitted with a TRD Widebody kit, Volk TE37s, late rear lights (its a 93 car). Also has carbon composite doors and rear spoiler and perspex glass, painted in Gunmetal/Quicksilver.

Has run a 10.2 1/4 mile no problem so far in Japan, proven 210mph top speed, 150mph in 4th gear!

Got a few pics here but I dont think I should post em. All though if you all buy something from usI might feel generous and post em up

Gaz.

But the HP hasnt alltered much and for a track car it put in a pretty good 1/4 time !!!;)

Either way it is an awesome car , thats the problem with using someone elses car , it will ALLWAYS be their car , ie Terry S's monster , no matter who buys it it will allways be Terry's car , IMO mine is the first UK built supra to run a 10 , Dee's however is the first supra to run a 9 , either way both cars are impressive in their own rights , at the end of the day seeing any supras out there kicking arse is great and even better if the competitors are as good to race against as Dee and the rest of the Calder lads , but IMO it aint a uk built car !!!:innocent:

When you gonna throw that 6 speed in the skip and put an auto in ????

Dude:flame Dev

A shell`s a shell and a roll cage is a rollcage. The bit that makes it go that well is the engine side of things. So if you`re rebuilding the engine and swapping the gearbox id say you`ve wiped the slate clean and i`d see it as a UK built car but it`ll always have the history of it originally being Japanese built.

Originally posted by Scarface GTti

A shell`s a shell and a roll cage is a rollcage. The bit that makes it go that well is the engine side of things. So if you`re rebuilding the engine and swapping the gearbox id say you`ve wiped the slate clean and i`d see it as a UK built car but it`ll always have the history of it originally being Japanese built.

So its Jap built then !!!!:stupid: If you import a car that does 10.2 1/4's and 210 mph and it still does 9.9 1/4's and 201 mph !!!!! doh you just know where this is going dont you , read whats n my bonnet next time you see the car

Originally posted by dude

but IMO it aint a uk built car !!!:innocent:

Their car = Japanese import

Your car = Japanese import

Both cars have been modified in the UK, CRD has put a lot of engine work into that car in the UK (can you enlighten us Alex as to how many man hours has been spent on the car?)

In my eyes both cars are the same, engineered in the UK, and the CRD car is a damn sight faster.

Its the fastest UK-built/driven/modified Supra, the first 10 second British built Supra, the first 9 second British built Supra, and the 2nd fastest import in the UK.

IMHO :innocent:

Gaz.

Just saying that`s the way i`d see it, UK built. But no matter where you go or who you see the car has history and you can`t change that. My father-in-laws F2 car was driven by Graham Hill at one point. When people see it they say "That`s the car that Graham Hill drove" not "That`s the car that Ronald ****" drove. History. No matter what is done to that Supra most people will always see it as stillways car. Sad really seeing as these lads will end up rebuilding it.

Originally posted by Gaz Walker

Their car = Japanese import

Your car = Japanese import

In my eyes both cars are the same, engineered in the UK, and the CRD car is a damn sight faster.

IMHO :innocent:

Gaz.

Not at TOTB though ;)

Either way Gaz untill you build a 10 sec car i dont think your opinion counts for too much !!!:D

hahaha how did i know this thread was going to turn sour.

where were all these single turbo beasts at the jap day?

there has been loads of single turbo cars over the last few months. looks like we going to have to wait till next year to see them in action.

crd look like they have put a lot of effort into there car and mean the business. same as keith cowie he bought a jap built racer and has changed so much on his car. makes you wonder if they have changed so much if it would not be better to start form scratch and do things how they would want to.

john has started with a blank sheet so to speak. people will see past the built in uk/jap when the car delivers the goods.

think we all want to see a supra kick some ass be it jap or uk built

:thumbs:

Originally posted by Alex Holdroyd

Well that alienate's everyone else on this BBS instantly... :music:

Not really Alex as most others havent tried to build a 10 sec car , you cant knock people for trying i mean look at salty pepper a more trying little shite you really wont find !!!;)

The ignore button is fantastic as i dont even need to read his posts :innocent:

Originally posted by mcanny

Having a 10 second car doesn't make you perfect though ;)

Oh michael and there was me thinking we had kissed and made up ;)

As it happens im the most unperfect bad tempered arsehole you will ever meet but i never said i wasnt :)

Originally posted by dude

Oh michael and there was me thinking we had kissed and made up ;)

As far as I'm concerned we have sir, I just can't help myself sometimes :)

As it happens im the most unperfect bad tempered arsehole you will ever meet but i never said i wasnt :)

I look in the mirror every morning and see the same thing (no I don't have a picture of you on there), then I get in a car and get worse.... you don't have to be perfect, just be nice :)