The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need to know what my supra is worth.

gavin.starr

As some of you may know my supra has bee off the road now for around 8 months due to a bottom end rattle. In the 8 months I have been saving up to repair the poor thing other things have got in the way of doing so.

I also really dont have the time now to be carrying out the work myself, so I can see the Supra just sitting there deteriating on the drive. Im after knowing what its worth so I know what price to advertise it for. I have come to the conclusion that im going to sell up and treat the missus to a trip to disney as she has never been abroad in her life and recently has been diagnosed with chronic fatigue so i think she deserves a break from it all, and has always dreamed of going to disney.

The supra itself is a J-spec Import Twin turbo 6 Speed Manual.

It has covered currently 164k miles which is a combination of km/m so its not quite that high. The rear subframe has meen completley removed and fitted with new whishbones, drop links, and suspention arms basicly everything on the rear subframe has been replaced. Including wheel bearings. It is currently running the BPU mods, and a set of hybrid twins after my standard ceramic ones decided to crap themselves I bought the hybrids from a respected member on this owners club.

The wheels are Vertec VR5's in gold with a polished rim in size 18". the fronts from memmory are 215 and the rears are 255 wide. It has a veilside rear spoiler which a few may not be to attached too :rolleyes:, and the front bumper is (i think) a bomex replica from ebay, which i fitted and sprayed myself.

In side is cloth fronts and leather rear seats just as standard as you can get really, veilside gear knob twin guage pillar pod again an ebay special. Turbo timer etc...

I should aslo add I have a complete long block to replace the damaged one with.

Im just after a rough guess as to what peoples thoughts are with regards at to what to advertise it at. I will get some pics up soon so people can see it. Below is a link to some pics I took around a month or so before the bottom end death rattle started.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?251349-Few-pics-from-the-weekend

Gav

Cars that are in good condition are struggling to sell at the moment mate...I don't see how you could ask more than £5k with the engine on the way out despite the fact that it's a TT6.

Probably make more to break it.

This.

Breaking would be the best option, but as you said you dont have the time to fix it, I cant see you having the time to break it :(

I would get quotes from a reputable garage (Whifbitz/SRD etc) on how much it would cost to fix, then knock that off the price of a similar age/mileage TT6 for sale. Best way to get an accurate price I think.

However, I would knock off a bit more, simply due to the fact its not going to be a "drive now" purchase.

The only problem is, I wouldnt currently be able to afford to get it fixed as other things have got in the way, so my savings have been dried up latley. Im not going to go down the breaking route as i really dont heve the time the space and the patience to do so.

I was thinking around the 4k mark would be a good starting price, Really gutted im going to be having to do this.

As above. Lovely cars in standard spec through to big spec are barely moving.

I'd be looking at £3500 and hoping.

The only problem is, I wouldnt currently be able to afford to get it fixed as other things have got in the way, so my savings have been dried up latley. Im not going to go down the breaking route as i really dont heve the time the space and the patience to do so.

I was thinking around the 4k mark would be a good starting price, Really gutted im going to be having to do this.

I thought £4K as soon as I started reading the details. I imagine you may get knocked down to £3.5K.