The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Race Technology Dash2

Paul Whiffin

Just thought I'd let you know I'm now a supplier of these, is there any interest in a group buy on them? I think there was one on here before. Details on the dash here http://www.race-technology.com/dash2_2_31.html

Superb piece of kit this, especially for those running aftermarket ECU's like Syvecs, AEM, Motec, etc. Simply plugs straight into your ecu and streams all the information into your dash so no need for extra sensors.

Also, I'm planning on making a dash mounting kit so the dash will bolt straight in for an OEM look, watch this space...

Any questions just ask.

Thanks

Paul

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/images/stories/gw_images/forum pics/dash2.jpg

Edited by Paul Whiffin (see edit history)

What sort of price Paul; I am considering one for my Race MR2, as are 2 mates. We'd probably be after the lap timing gubbins too - is that GPS based or are there any more options to see lap sector deltas Vs best? ROM prices for with/without please.

We're racing on budget, as much as you can when you go racing anyway!

No harm finding out, but looking at the 2nd hand price of this stuff in Mike's thread, I'm imagining it'll be expensive! :( I'm considering sticking my phone to the windscreen with it running the RaceChrono app! ;)

What sort of price Paul; I am considering one for my Race MR2, as are 2 mates. We'd probably be after the lap timing gubbins too - is that GPS based or are there any more options to see lap sector deltas Vs best? ROM prices for with/without please.

No harm finding out, but looking at the 2nd hand price of this stuff in Mike's thread, I'm imagining it'll be expensive! :( I'm considering sticking my phone to the windscreen with it running the RaceChrono app! ;)

Off topic, but which race series are you entering?

Off topic, but which race series are you entering?

Hoping to do all of the Club MSV Trackday Trophy. It's only for newbies to racing (if you want to come back the following year you graduate to the team trophy I think it's called) and you can enter pretty much anything and a lot of modification are allowed, as you're entered into a class based on power:weight (although all are are on track at the same time, in the same race, like Le Mans!)

It's aimed at keeping costs low by sharing the driving between two people (there is a mandatory pit stop of a minimum length that allows a relatively casual driver change), or you can choose to not share the costs and do all the driving yourself. :) One of my mates thinks his wife might be his 2nd driver, me and the other mate are probably going to be single driver entries.

Hoping to do all of the Club MSV Trackday Trophy. It's only for newbies to racing (if you want to come back the following year you graduate to the team trophy I think it's called) and you can enter pretty much anything and a lot of modification are allowed, as you're entered into a class based on power:weight (although all are are on track at the same time, in the same race, like Le Mans!)

It's aimed at keeping costs low by sharing the driving between two people (there is a mandatory pit stop of a minimum length that allows a relatively casual driver change), or you can choose to not share the costs and do all the driving yourself. :) One of my mates thinks his wife might be his 2nd driver, me and the other mate are probably going to be single driver entries.

That looks really good :)

I was asking because you mentioned the MR2... there's a few classes of MR2 racing at the events I race my single seater at. They're 750 Motor Club meetings.

That looks really good :)

I was asking because you mentioned the MR2... there's a few classes of MR2 racing at the events I race my single seater at. They're 750 Motor Club meetings.

Yeah, we have another consideration - the 750mc also run the 6h Birkett relay/handicap at the end of October at Silvertsone each year, and we'ld really like to do that together as a team (probably a team of 3 if we can afford it, doing 2x1h each), To be eligible to enter that, we have to be eligible to enter one of the 750mc's race series (e.g. Mr2 championship). What series are you racing in?? :)

(Sorry Paul - shall we take this elsewhere?)

Hi Steve,

You can see the retail prices here http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/toyota-supra-gauges-pods-gauges-race-technology-c-38_43_659_753_1173.html

Price wise, it depends on how many are interested, is it 3 of you? Would you need anything else with it, like sensor, ecu interface, etc?

Hi Steve,

You can see the retail prices here http://whifbitzperformancetuning.co.uk/toyota-supra-gauges-pods-gauges-race-technology-c-38_43_659_753_1173.html

Price wise, it depends on how many are interested, is it 3 of you? Would you need anything else with it, like sensor, ecu interface, etc?

There are 3 of us, I know at least 2 of us would want them and the 3rd probably would too.

Is there is anything it can do to interface with the stock mk2 MR2 ECU (various revisions between us) or is it aftermarket ECUs only?

I think we would like to monitor AFR as a minimum, pus as a bonus: water temp, oil temp, oil pressure... can't think of anything else vital when racing but you may know better from your experiences?

Essential would be making use of the shift lights i.e. the dash 2 knowing the engine RPM.

Plus the GPS sector timing gubbins too if we can stretch to it. :thumbs:

There are 3 of us, I know at least 2 of us would want them and the 3rd probably would too.

Is there is anything it can do to interface with the stock mk2 MR2 ECU (various revisions between us) or is it aftermarket ECUs only?

I think we would like to monitor AFR as a minimum, pus as a bonus: water temp, oil temp, oil pressure... can't think of anything else vital when racing but you may know better from your experiences?

Essential would be making use of the shift lights i.e. the dash 2 knowing the engine RPM.

Plus the GPS sector timing gubbins too if we can stretch to it. :thumbs:

You cant interface with the stock ecu, only pick up things like engine revs/speed. Anything else would require external sensors fitted.

Ideally if you want to monitor lap times you'll need the datalogger as well, its a great tool for comparing lap times with each other.

How quick would you need these as I'll probably start a group buy, but knowing how long these things tend to go on for it could a while!

You cant interface with the stock ecu, only pick up things like engine revs/speed. Anything else would require external sensors fitted.

Ideally if you want to monitor lap times you'll need the datalogger as well, its a great tool for comparing lap times with each other.

How quick would you need these as I'll probably start a group buy, but knowing how long these things tend to go on for it could a while!

I've emailed the guys to see wat their appetite is. We're all aiming to have our cars race-ready in the next couple of months, so we can test them out at track/test days before the year is out of possible and certainly before the race season starts next year.

What could you do the GPS bits for, if we all wanted them?

• 4 weeks later...

Paul, with regards to the wiring harness, am I right in saying that most of the wires currently at the back of the cluster will be made redundant, with only a handful of signals required (main beam rear fog etc? I don't suppose you have a Supra specific wiring diagram have you?

Paul, with regards to the wiring harness, am I right in saying that most of the wires currently at the back of the cluster will be made redundant, with only a handful of signals required (main beam rear fog etc? I don't suppose you have a Supra specific wiring diagram have you?

Thats right yes, I have got a diagram available yes, give me your email and I'll fire it over to you.