The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gone Single big time too

kunwho

I got my car back from Leon after a few weeks of fitting hiccups which I mention later. Now running a Boostlogic T61 with S-AFC and RLTC (essential kit, especially raining in Milton Keyned yesterday so managed to stayed on the road :D ) fitted with a few other bits and bobs. The car is now a road rocket at above 3000 rpm and sounds like one now. I'm sure the car went from 70mph to 150mph in 3 secsonds the rev meter hits the redline soo quickly. There is a little lag from 2000 to 3000rpm but probably a high stall converter can fix that. Will probably need a boost controller in the next upgrade and a dyno.

Also bought from Vortex the JIC suspension which is very good. The ride not harsh at all and at kept my car stable at high speed. *I don't drive that fast but with that BL T61 the speed just creeps up on its own :innocent:

I'm very happy with the big single upgrade and drives so differently than the twin turbo. I don't have pics at the moment because its still wet outside.

There should a warning to fitting BL turbo to UK spec cars though. The turbo will work with the car but there will be more work involved. I believe the air control management in the UK spec car messes with the timing and causes the car's engine to cut out. It is sorted now but I can't remember what Leon did but it did cause a few head scratching. My car an auto and some of the pipes are a bit too long and need to be cut down. It should be fine to jap and US spec cars as no-one seems to have commented on the fittings on these.

Originally posted by kunwho

I got my car back from Leon after a few weeks of fitting hiccups which I mention later. Now running a Boostlogic T61 with S-AFC and RLTC (essential kit, especially raining in Milton Keyned yesterday so managed to stayed on the road :D ) fitted with a few other bits and bobs. The car is now a road rocket at above 3000 rpm and sounds like one now. I'm sure the car went from 70mph to 150mph in 3 secsonds the rev meter hits the redline soo quickly. There is a little lag from 2000 to 3000rpm but probably a high stall converter can fix that. Will probably need a boost controller in the next upgrade and a dyno.

Also bought from Vortex the JIC suspension which is very good. The ride not harsh at all and at kept my car stable at high speed. *I don't drive that fast but with that BL T61 the speed just creeps up on its own :innocent:

I'm very happy with the big single upgrade and drives so differently than the twin turbo. I don't have pics at the moment because its still wet outside.

There should a warning to fitting BL turbo to UK spec cars though. The turbo will work with the car but there will be more work involved. I believe the air control management in the UK spec car messes with the timing and causes the car's engine to cut out. It is sorted now but I can't remember what Leon did but it did cause a few head scratching. My car an auto and some of the pipes are a bit too long and need to be cut down. It should be fine to jap and US spec cars as no-one seems to have commented on the fittings on these.

All the US cars are the same essentially as our UK variant , the main problem with yours was fitting the AFM and running the IAC on a K & N filter , i would think most people spending that sort of money on a single kit are getting rid of the AFM and running a VPC or MAP ecu as the AFM is a restriction over 500hp , i had a few calls with Leon about this, and agreed they should tell you in the kit but its not really a DIY type thing as in ive bought a manual where do i start , it is expected that anyone attempting to fit a single kit will have a pretty good knowledge of mechanics and they WILL need a fairly comprehensive tool kit , glad your enjoying it now its all fitted .

Dude

:flame Dev

The main problem with US/UK cars is if the IAC is used with the K&N it will take in unmonitored air from out side the system. The IAC needs to be hard piped back into the system just after the AFM so all air that the engine recieves is taken through the AFM. Aslo aon a UK car the dump valve may need to be recirculated back into the system ( some cars tend not to need this ) as it can cause stalling at junctions. Like Dude says Not for your avereage DIY person but Most compitent garages should be able to sus this no problems.

Glad you like the car now its all sorted ..have fun:thumbs:

Guest Terry S

Single kits are sold on the assumption that the restrictive AFM is dumped. Not just the BL kit, but most i know of. It's really not rocket science or expensive to sort it if you want to keep the AFM, just a couple of reducers. I will need to speak to Leon on this as it seems he has made hard work of it all.