The mkiv Supra Owners Club

replacing my rear tyres! advice please?

Guest peter162

Guest peter162

alrite guys

replacing my 2 rear tyres when i get all my alloys refurbed and sprayed matt black

there 255/35/r18

i only wanna spend like max £130 a tyre, used to put kumho's on my old celica gt seemed pretty good but atm I'm torn between either

Kumho KU39 Ecsta Le Sport KU 39 - 255/35/R18/94Y/XL/TL £115 each for just the tyres no fitting

or

Falken FK452 - 255/35/R18/94Y/XL/TL £121 each for just the tyres no fitting

which ones would be best if anyone has any experience of either brands on the rear of the car

cheers guys

I think the Falcon's are quite well respected. I used to have them when I had my stock wheels MANY years ago. They were v good for the money.

Actually, I don't know how much they are, but I remember reading that Falcon has released a new replacement for the FK452 - called, imaginitively, the FK453 - which may be worth a look...

Good hunting! :)

Got Falken 452's on mine at the moment (stock 17's) and can't fault them. They do wear quick with over enthusiastic driving but the grip is fantastic. Ive drove my brothers N/A with el cheapo tyres and there is a big difference.

So, from my experience - Falken 452 or Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 - Both amazing in the wet & dry for the price.

i used falken 452s on my front end and to be honest i was scared to really slam the brakes on as i had a few lock ups where the tyres just skidded, i had previously been quite late to get on the brakes but after those i will never buy cheap tyres , i may even try to hunt out somewhere that still does toyo t1r's coz i always thought they were great

Avsn Zz3 get my vote. Just replaced my old ones, bought 2 from camskill for £250 delivered.

I think Avon ZZ3's are discontinued now, or in the process of anyway. I had to get Avon ZZ5's for the fronts on mine as i couldnt get a full set of ZZ3's

The Avon will be fine on an N/A but i wouldnt put the Avon zz3 on for a tt or bpu i've used them and the rear let go all the time. Falken 452's or as stated the newer 453 would be your best bet for the £130 budget.

I have ZZ3's on the rear and they're brillian IMO. I put them on just before Dragonball and i struggled to brake traction at all on my TT6. I feel much more confident in the car now they're on. Dr_Jeckyl recommends them as well as he uses them for track days, and that guy know's tyres :)