The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need to get in touch with previous owner of this Supra MKIV in the UK

Hank_Swe

Hey!

I bought my very first Supra MKIV this spring. Please see URL below. The car was imported from the UK to Sweden by a dealer who has an agent in the UK. I was told that the car was a "forum-car", which had only been owned by enthusiasts in the UK.

The car really feels brand new. The paint, the engine, the interior, everything is perfect, so i do trust the seller on this. However, im planning to slighty modify the car with a basic perfomance uppgrade this winter. As of now, the car is only equipped with another exhaust system. Or at least that's what im guessing. But im still reaching 0,9 bar, which to me indicates that there might have been some other modifications made to the car during it's time in the UK.

So im asking you all, please help me locate the previous owner. I need an e-mail adress, so i can ask some questions. The car had the following VIN in the UK:

P477CTY

The prevous owner: M Parrat.

URL with pictures:

http://www.garaget.org/?car=292564

Thanx a bunch!

Tony TT>>What does "ex Jurgen car" mean?

Jurgen is an importer of Jap cars hes a member on here and owner of JM-Imports. Some of the cars he had when registered in the uk some registration plates ended in CTY when registered here. He might know the previous owner of the car. MIGHT.

Scooter> Then im the new owner of your car!! And the owner you sold it to must be right because im making about 0,9 bar at the moment...sometimes even a bit more (cold weather). Anyway, thanks for taking such good care of the car. I've been doing the same and just enjoying the car which works excellent!

And thanks for helping me locate the other owner..im gonna try to contact him and ask excactly whats been modified. Because i dont think a cat-back exhaust and a Defi boost gauge will improve the boost up to 0,9 bar ;)

Thanks once again!!

Stock boost is 0.8bar off the top of my head, if you have a CAT back exhaust you could easily see 0.9bar. Other modifications like FCD won't increase the boost pressure, only a free'er flowing exhaust, a Decat or a Boost Controller would. My car has the first CAT removed and it hits 0.9bar. To check for yourself, jack the car up and have a look underneath to see if the CATS are still there, if you hav an aftermarket exhaust, odds are one of them will be gone. If both are gone and your hitting 0.9bar then I would say you have a RR installed, but typically you'd expect 1bar+ if that was the case. What gear do you have it in when you read the 0.9bar? Does you Boost Guage have a peek hold function?

To check for the colder grade plugs, remove one and post up what it brand it is :) And to check for a FCD, do above and check inside the passenger side footwell under the carpet, it'll only take 5 minutes. Checking the fuel pump will take a little more time but it's not too difficult, have a look in the FAQ's section and check out how to install a fuel pump for BPU :)

SupraDan24, thanks for the input. Then im guessing i'm well on my way to acheiving 1,1 bar of boost. I'll be sure to check out the entire exhaust system. I've just bought a Tourqe midpipe that will be installed this winter.

The FCD, isn't this neccesary? I've been told that the ECU will cut the fuel well before 1,1 bar?

And the dealer who sold the car told me a brand name FMIC was neccesary when going BPU. I've been collecting offers on the ETS-kit which isn't exactly cheep..

The FCD is necessary yes if your keeping the stock ECU, you can check to see if it has an OEM ECU at the same time as looking for a FCD as they're in the same place. I believe Fuel Cut is set around 1bar at stock, hence the need for the FCD when going BPU. Branded FMIC isn't necessary, but it is advised. There are Traders on the forum that do very nice Intercooler kits at very affordable prices, so check there's out before spending a massive amount of cash on a overpriced one. Whifbitz and SRD are ones to look at, you can find links to them at the bottom of the main page of the forum :) You could also buy a new SMIC if you would rather have one of those, i think Chris Wilson makes one, at least he used too. But a FMIC does look better :eyebrows: