The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK 6 Speed Single (converted from auto)

Stuliet

UK 6 Speed Single 500+bhp (converted from auto)

A BRIEF HISTORY

Bought by me in August 2007 as a Hybrid turbo UK Auto from a member on here. I chose a Supra to use as my daily driver as I could still get the kids in and take them to school.

In May 2808, the hybrids went south so I took the 'single' route. My goal for this car was to retain as stock looking car as possible, hence some of the choices such as the uprated SMIC rather than a FMIC. A PHR Stage 1 kit, AEM ECU and sundries were purchased and fitted. With hindsight, the AEM was not the best choice for an auto! That was my excuse for the next job, convert to a 6 speed.

In January 2009, I purchased a complete 6 speed conversion from bolarbag which was fitted by AFR. At this time, an ominous knocking appeared – an engine rebuild was called for. The car was mapped at 511 BHP on the knocking engine.

October 2009 arrived and a new engine was built for me by Dude/John.

Having mechanically got the car where I wanted, my plan was to move onto the internal and external cosmetics while keeping a standard OEM look. However, now my family is a little older and they no longer fit in the car, I bought a Volvo V70R (forgive me) to perform family duties. The Supra sits in my garage most of the time now, so I have decided to get something less practical with no roof and fewer seats (i.e. upgrade my motorbike to something more exotic) so the Supra has to go. As you can see from the mileage, I have not really driven this a lot since getting the engine fitted.

Engine Replaced Mileage: 95,000 miles

Current Mileage: 100,635 miles

MOT expires: 22nd August, 2013

Tax expires: 28th Feb, 2013

ENGINE & CLUTCH

‘New’ engine built by Dude/John at AFR/Austec

Titan 'Street' forged pistons

ACL Bearings

ARP Head Studs & Rod Bolts

Balanced crank, pistons and rods

RPS Street Max Clutch & RPS Lightened flywheel

Braided Clutch hose

PHR Stage 1 Turbo Kit

HKS 50mm stainless steel header, HKS GT 60mm external wastegate, 65mm 321 stainless steel wastegate dump tube, 3" hand-built mandrel bent downpipe with V-band connectors, 3" hand-built mandrel bent midpipe with V-band connectors, exclusive PHR-style "drop-down" 2.5" mandrel bent aluminum intercooler piping, high gloss 3-ply silicone connectors in red, blue, or black, 4" air intake tube, 4" K&N high flow air filter, GT60 series turbocharger with fully-polished PHR compressor housing, 10AN stainless steel braided oil drain line, 4AN Teflon stainless steel oil feed line, 4AN Teflon stainless steel wastegate control lines

PHR Stage 2 Fuel System

PHR 17.5mm (-10AN) ID high-flow fuel rail, Twin Walbro in-tank fuel pumps, Aeromotive EFI fuel pressure regulator, Liquid-filled fuel pressure gauge, 6AN Stainless Steel braided fuel lines, Hi-flow fuel filter, Siemens 850cc fuel injectors, PHR quick release injector clips

INTAKE & EXHAUST

HKS IC Hardpipes

Chris Wilson SMIC

1st and 2nd Stainless 3" De-Cats

Veilside Teardrop Titanium Exhaust System

ELECTRONICS

AEM EMS

HKS DLI

RLTC

INTERIOR

Defi BF Gauges - White (Boost, EGT, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure) in a four gauge pod

AEM AFR Gauge

JVC Double Din GPS KW-NX7000

Partially Dynamatted

CHASSIS

H&R Coilover suspension

Whiteline front and rear Anti-Roll Bar Kit

Whiteline Polyurathene Bushes

3G 20G Discs

CW Fast Road Brake Pads

Goodridge Braided Brake Lines

Chromed TRD Strut Brace

EXTERIOR

Zeon HID Headlights

Clear indicators

Tinted Windows

Carbon Fibre Slam Panel

17” OEM UK Alloys refurb’d by Ibrar in Charcoal Grey

Carbon fibre rear bumper exhaust heat shield (from supramemole)

For the full asking price, you will also get;

Set of ignition,door locks & keys

Both UK Cats

OEM (Plastic) sideskirts in Strom Blue (unfitted)

OEM (Plastic) rear skirts in Red (unfitted & small crack on underside)

SRD Aluminium Undertray

TRD Rev counter

Full set of dash panels (painted Satin black by Supraloopy)

Metal dial rings

Selection of interior plastics

Locksys Sub box – black flocked & Alpine sub

Boot “over carpet” mat

New tan floor mats (still in wrapper)

Blitz Spoiler Control

Full set ZunSport Bumper Grills (x3 grills)

Stormforce Cover

Price: £14,000

Points to note: Mismatched set of door locks currently fitted, but a matching set & keys are included in the sale. I only ever use the alarm keyfob to unlock and the key for the ignition, so this has never troubled me enough to fit the replacement set of locks. The external siren for the Clifford 600 alarm has a flat battery and needs replacing. The siren has been disconnected so the alarm no longer chirps on key presses. Also, there are no sounds on activation apart from the normal car horn but the alarm/immobiliser is fully functional. Drivers seat bolster is worn and need attention.

Number plate is not included in the sale.

Note, most of the pictures show the Racing Harts fitted but this is sold with OEM 17" wheels. The last picture is from my iPhone and shows the OEM wheels. The Racing Harts are avaialbe with the car subject to negotiation. These could really do with a refurb, but I thing they look amazing on the car.

I am in no hurry to sell and happy to wait for the 'right' buyer. Of course, I would also like to free the space in my garage for the next project. I will leave this on here for a while before trying the other 'less desirable' selling methods (EBay, PistonHeads, etc).

A couple of pictures attached and more in the photobucket album links below.

Supra For Sale

Engine Dyno

attachment.php?attachmentid=157682&d=1347725677

-- Stuart

CopyofP1012104.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

P1012103.jpg

P1012092.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
very nice that! glws

I have seen this car & confirm it is lovely!! 6 Speed UK Spec Single at a bargain price!!

Thankyou :thumbs:

In todays market you might struggle for 14k but glwts.

Possibly. In that light and the fact I have found my dream bike, reduced to £13,000 from here while the bike is available :)

Dyno plot from the knackered engine attached. I don't have a printout from the new engine, but according to Dude, it was the high 530's.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I'll buy the veilside off you if you're willing to part with it, just get another exhaust and have a few hundred £ left :)

If you want to sell the racing harts separately I'd happily take them off your hands :)

Thanks for the interest. I would rather not start selling bits 'n' pieces separately, hopefully the 'new owner' will want it all as I happen to think there are some nice exclusive parts on there.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Sorry I didn't get back to you about seeing the car mate, need to leave it a while until I've sold my car.

No problem, not on here so much but good luck with your sale!

Supra all tucked up in my garage, terrible weather out there. Will try again come the spring :-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.