The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dial fitting

Andre

put the needle though tho hole in th middle of the dial then when you get to the botton of the needle push the bottom part of the dial under the whole needle and slide it over the top, dont be scared the dial will flex a little bit ,

do a search on here for how to fit El-glo dials i did the thread on how to fit them

if its a metal kit you will need to remove the needles

I fitted the same dials a while back, had to remove the needles, when I put the speedo needle back on it was 10mph out. Think it must be spring loaded. Ended up having to drive past a speed sign down the street and place it on whilst on the move.

Surely a GPS / satnav would've been easier...?!

I have fitted alot of dials to various Supras, you do not have to drive the car to put the needle back on, it is bloody dangerous, you can just put the car in pre-ignition and put it on 0. Job done.

To lift the needles off I use two tea spoons, one either side and slowly lever off, works for me.

I have fitted alot of dials to various Supras, you do not have to drive the car to put the needle back on, it is bloody dangerous, you can just put the car in pre-ignition and put it on 0. Job done.

To lift the needles off I use two tea spoons, one either side and slowly lever off, works for me.

Tried the pre-ignition and was still miles out. The drive and place was the last option.