The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm a new member

Guest Kaz123

I bought my first supra last week ( a 95 na auto) to help a friend out who killed the motor and couldn't afford to fix it. I was in the market for a Sunday car when he approached me, so I threw aside the Porsche brochure and started to prep the garage. Ive had a couple tt 300zx's and one was an na conversion with a built motor so I figured I could handle a straight six build. The 2jzgte vvti dbw js161 Aristo engine arrived yesterday and I think I have a grasp on what needs to happen but any and all input would be great. Including moving this thread to the tech section if that's best.

So I need to:

Install the oil pans and tap the oil return

Modify the drive shaft to fit the aristo trans (tail sections are different with sensors)

Upgrade fuel pump

Transfer ac compressor

I'm going to use the na ps pump and relocate the reservoir

Transfer na motor mounts to aristo block

New Heater core hoses

Vacuum manifold or tap into intake manifold for brake booster

Throttle cable needs to fit dbw throttle body

Installing single turbo kit, intercooler, exhaust, greddy boost controller

Not sure on:

Coolant temp sender

Fuel injectors

Where to install maf

And of course the biggest hurdle. The one question many have asked and few have answered. How do you make an aristo ecu and harness work in a supra.

I plan on mounting the ecu box in the engine bay where the battery used to be and extending the body harness to the ecu. I have good pin outs form

http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/42173082/2JZ-GTE%20VVTi%20JZS161%20Aristo%20Engine%20Wiring

All input is welcome. I'll put pics up tonight. Thanks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1347636890.819079.jpg

Usdm 2jzge auto harness (everyone's prolly seen at least one of these)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1347636954.948571.jpg

Usdm ecu. Three plugs pretty straight forward

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1347637002.631300.jpg

And the aristo ecu, engine harness terminals (three plugged into ecu, the orange plug and grey plug seem to dead end while the off white and white go into the clear plastic splitter) and the body harness terminals ( two bright white plug directly into the ecu).

So...... My thoughts at this point are:

How hard is it to find a vvti supra harness and ecu and ditch the dbw.

Start printing pin out charts and make my own harness, but I want everything to work. I don't want to miss anything or have a gauge not working and I'm not sure if I will have a pin for every wire. (I know I have to jump the resistor on the tach for any turbo ecu)

If I ditch the dbw I guess I'll buy a new manifold and throttle body. Anyone know if the na tps and idle air sensors will match up to tt throttle body?

Throw your thoughts at me please. Especially if you have experience. Thanks

Well I have pics of the na oil pan before and after being tapped for oil return but the forum or tapacrappa says I don't have permission to post them or I'm not signed in

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1347644537.500395.jpg

Na upper oil pan is notched but not drilled. Some say to take it to a machine shop but soft aluminum and I have a unibit that fits the hole perfect. ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1347644547.046737.jpg

Hole drilled through. Just put some oil in the recession and some on the bit to keep it cool and drilled slowly.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1347644814.252735.jpg

Rt side of aristo motor stripped down. Waiting on single turbo kit

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1347644825.714445.jpg

60+ lbs of turbos and manifolds. Was not expecting that much weight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1347644845.840875.jpg

Rear turbo was very clean with minimal to no shaft play

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1347644855.235150.jpg

Front turbo must pcv valve dumping straight into it. Lots of sludge build up and shaft has play. Might use one the turbos for a sport bike project once the supra is done.

Since I'm going single turbo I'll have to close off one of the oil feeds from the block. Anyone know which one to black off? Front or back?

Will post pics of both once I'm allowed

Anyone need pics of anything on these cars while I have everything torn apart? Would be more than happy to help. And this being a uk forum do I need to use words like "boot" "bonnet" "petrol" and "chitty chitty bang bang" to get some love?

Currently away on business. Should be back this weekend and will be attempting to wire in the aristo ecu. Will provide as many pics as I can of body harness modification. Single turbo kit should also arrive so I'll have pics and review of the kit

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I know it's been a bit but I've been away on work, which allowed parts to arrive. Had some time to do the headlights too.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1348954029.797667.jpg

The chrome insides were gross and the plastic lens were hazy

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1348954044.470439.jpg

Ten minutes in the oven and some black ceramic paint fixed the insides. I wet sanded and clear coated the lens.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1348954054.471982.jpg

Tubular manifold looked pretty sexy upon arrival

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1348954063.203108.jpg

T76 turbo

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1348954095.607947.jpg

Mocked up on the aristo engine

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1348955061.274918.jpg

The manifold fit pretty well. Had to modify the top front nut to clear the manifold. Took some finesse but fits pretty well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1348955051.411082.jpg

Intercooler, bov, waste gate, and power steering relocation cooler

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1348955084.869137.jpg

Turbo mounted. Plenty of room to install. I hope it will clear the rt strut tower. Has anyone built a heats yield for scenarios like this? If no one gives any advice I will probably build one just to be sure I don't cook the paint off the rt apron

In other news I have decided to keep the drive by wire setup. Mainly because I want to use the aristo ecu and the vvti in all its glory. From what I've read the aristo ecu will go into limp mode without dbw working normally. it will also eliminate traction control, which isn't horrible, but I want to get this swap working as smooth as possible. I'm also planning on going with a cusco lsd. I've read a lot about different diffs and I think the rs will be a good diff for my cause. I'm planning on having a custom drive shaft made from the aristo trans to the na diff. Unless someone can give me a cheaper alternative like an aristo front shaft paired to a supra rear shaft? I'm going with bigger radiator of course but not sure if a should get one with a built in trans cooler or mount a new trans cooler. As for fuel I'm looking at 650cc injectors and a stock supra tt fuel pump and a piggy back or stand alone to work them. Need to do more research on that topic.