The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Noobie to the supra world

Guest Supra Swagger

Guest Supra Swagger

Im new to the whole supra world, i am intrested in buying a 93' N/A supra with a 5 speed, i was just wondering if the twin turbo engine fits up perfectly with the 5 speed, and if it doesnt what is required? I dont see why there would be any issues but i just wanted to ask around before i drop the money on a new engine. Thank you

Good morning Mr Swagger.

The 5 speed w58 box that comes in the NA will fit straight onto the twin turbo GTE engine. However, they don't cope with above stock levels of torque very well at all.

Your best options for a manual gearbox are the V160 / V161 6 speed manual (very expensive), or the R154 5 speed manual that can be found in mk3 Supras and Toyota Soarers.

If you will consider an auto, the tt auto gearbox is much stronger than the W58 manual, and very cheap.