The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The DO-LUCK Supra @ Invisible touch again...!!

Jamesy

Looking good dude :)

Whats the difference between snow foam, and say, Meguiars shampoo for example?

Does snow foam get left on the car for a certain time? And it kind of eats away the dirt?

I havnt got a clue about it really, but everyone seems to be using it, so thought I'd ask.

Imho, pics dont do it justice, look how it shines when it was just washed!!

Snowfoam is a little like shampoo, but it applied with a high pressure washer and foam gun combo.

Because it foams and sticks, it looks like snow, therefore the name.

The reason people use it; because of the mix if air and soap.

It causes dirt to loosen up and come off the car when just rinsing

Thus not having to rub it off with a sponge, which in return would/ can cause swirls

Or mild scratches.

Thanks for all the comments guys - to be fair you can hardly see the red flake in these pictures but after it had been waxed and was out in the sun, half the car was a glimmer if sparkling red amongst the black!!

Looks sweet dude! Hope this weather has convinced you to keep it now :D

I thought you were selling it?

Hell YES definitely keeping it now :D

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

Car looks good, but as previously mentioned the camera phone pictures don't really show the car off.

Can I ask what type of "winter wax" was used? I take it, it's a much harder wearing wax? Sounds like a really good idea in this climate, might have to pick some up myself. :)

Car looks good, but as previously mentioned the camera phone pictures don't really show the car off.

Can I ask what type of "winter wax" was used? I take it, it's a much harder wearing wax? Sounds like a really good idea in this climate, might have to pick some up myself. :)

yes next time i go out i will be using my proper camera for sure :)

Was a very stronger winter wax, Christian will have to remind me of the name but its also used on marine stuff so you can imagine how hard wearing it is - wont need another coat of wax now for 6 months :cool:

you must upload a few vids of this mate

:love:

I saw Jamesy's car when I dropped mine off at Stonkin's and I agree pictures do not do this car justice!!

It must look stunning in the sun!!

I agree we need a video, The Do Luck supra sound is just epic! :cool:

Will hopefully get a couple of videos end of the month at japfest, for now these are all i have :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?270036-The-DO-LUCK-clutch-challenge-with-the-misses-VIDEO! :D

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?270613-In-Car-DO-LUCK-Supra-video-with-screams!!

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

Thanks for your kind words Jamesy, was great to see you and the car at the w'end :) First time i have had a chance to come on here, always great to see pics of the car, i wish i'd brought my camera in to. That little session should see you setup for several months, and be much easier to maintain again in the mean time. See you soon :thumbs: