The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newb with a Scoob (pics!)

Guest Mrblack

Guest Mrblack

Hey all ! thought id join up

drive this

buut Supra is pretty much my dream car and as im fast approaching 25 i think i can afford to insure one so ill be snooping in on all your posts and maybe asking some stupid questions

Thanks

Cami

Guest Mrblack

Yeah , im looking into differences with uk/jp spec atm trying to find out whats best for me i know i want a manual and a turbo but thats about it , insurance is about 700 a year so thats not to bad , i already pay 320 for tax and cant imagine supra is much worse .. need convincing still haha

Yeah , im looking into differences with uk/jp spec atm trying to find out whats best for me i know i want a manual and a turbo but thats about it , insurance is about 700 a year so thats not to bad , i already pay 320 for tax and cant imagine supra is much worse .. need convincing still haha

Insuring a Supra is a bit of a faff if you go with a mainstream insurer as they get confused between uk spec / jspec and between mk3 / mk4 supras so make sure you double check that you are correctly insured. Last thing you want is to have an accident and find out you arn't actually covered. Welcome to the club.

Cheers for advice guys , need to look into what kind i want . any advice , manual with a turbo is all the specifications i want lol

Do you have a budget in mind?

Don't discount the auto box, I have had both & the auto has been one of the best boxes I have used. It shifts so nicely & if you think the manual will be the quicker one then think again...

Guest Mrblack

budget would be at the 5k mark !

and i guess ive driven auto''s and manuals but always just preferred manual saying that my auto was an accord ....

insurance is ok on the manual 6speed twin turbo so i guess the others would only be cheaper ...

budget would be at the 5k mark !

and i guess ive driven auto''s and manuals but always just preferred manual saying that my auto was an accord ....

insurance is ok on the manual 6speed twin turbo so i guess the others would only be cheaper ...

You won't get a TT6 for 5k unless it's wrecked...

Guest Mrblack
Completely agree, you would need at least double that for a half decent example.

Sorry i just wasnt clear i just ment i checked insurance on them as id imagine them to be the most . so that part of it wasnt a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Theres so much scope out there mate you should have a think about what you really want ie whether you want one thats already been BPU'd or had some work done on it or something factory then do it up yourself. I bought my GZ TT aerotop just over a year ago for £6000 and all it had changed were the wheels and it was lowered, everything else was factory with around 65000 miles on it there were other cars around for the same sort of price that had kits and bits and pieces on them but I wanted a blank canvass.