The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toe in...out?

WaLKeRR

Hey guys, recently if i take my car to about 80mph on the motorway and go round a gradual bend it seems to feel like it wants to crab round the bend which doesnt feel nice, i changed the suspension setting wondering it that and tyre pressures maybe were making it slightly hop no change. So im thinking what settings do people have toe'ing in or toe'ing out and what settings i.e..... if anyone could help that would be awesome!

Toe wants to be straight ahead, unless the car has been in an RTI and is now shaped like a banana. In which case it probably shouldn't be on the road.

PSI will play a part, so make sure all tyres are set as you like/prefer.

I wouldn't just get the car checked for toe, but camber& caster too. So a full geometry setup, it's well worth it. Especially if the car is crabbing. The garage setting up your geo should know the standard mr t specs. But if you'd prefer something else. Hit the search button& you'll find a thread with a few different set ups on it.

Also when you mentioned your suspension, is it coilovers or springs & dampers? If coilovers did you measure it all out to make sure everything was setup right on each end of the car? As this can affect the handling as well. Some garages should have the equipment to test& adjust corner weighting.

Hope this helps

Hey guys, recently if i take my car to about 80mph on the motorway and go round a gradual bend it seems to feel like it wants to crab round the bend which doesnt feel nice, i changed the suspension setting wondering it that and tyre pressures maybe were making it slightly hop no change. So im thinking what settings do people have toe'ing in or toe'ing out and what settings i.e..... if anyone could help that would be awesome!

What settings and pressures do you have on the car now

On my car i have

7 minutes total toe in on the front

1 degree camber

4 degrees of castor

27 minutes of total toe in on the rear

1 degree 50 mins camber

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)