The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So annoyed!!

benkei

It's no secret that I'm over the moon with my Supra. A mint example with zero rust, no scratches or dings, and after spending all last weekend detailing it to put a deep glossy shine back into the paint it looked amazing! I was planning to finish the job today and upload some photos of the finished product, but I noticed something this morning on the way to the gym which made my blood boil.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347101010.701985.jpg

Some inconsiderate person has dented my door! And it's the kind of dent you KNOW you've done!

I'm 99% sure it happened at work yesterday, as the dent is high up, and there was a black 4x4 parked next to me when I left. I parked perfectly within my space and always take care not to touch anyone else's car and leave enough space for them to get in and out of their car. I doubt it happened at the gym as I went late and the car park was virtually empty, I parked away from everyone and there was no one next to me when I left.

When I get to work I'm going to ask to see the CCTV and catch the person who did it, and then have strong words with them!!

Why is it always the cars you care about?! No one touched the Fiesta or my Nissan as I wasn't too bothered about them, but the ONE car I spend so much time and money on get's damaged almost straight away!?

To say I'm not happy about this is the world's biggest understatement!!

With the dent being pretty high I'd agree it is a 4x4!

Though being a small dent and no paint damage I assume you can get companies to pull it out for you.

Checked CCTV to confirm if it was them and then just get them to pay for the work or go through the insurance.

I hope they have it on CCTV! It is gutting to see something like this!!

Sign of the times, I hate this sort of thing.

if it makes you feel better, you have one of my favourite Sup's in the club :D

Thanks mate, and that's what p*sses me off so much, that it was so clean and well looked after, now it's damaged because of some selfish arrogant bottom feeder!

Do what I do, park in-between 2 parking spaces 'yes makes you look like a prick, but it avoids these types of things when in tight parking spaces...!

I would take more spaces up, but the building is over crowded as it is! They've to make more parking spaces in stupid places, and even have a 'block-in' area, where you are allowed to block people in within certain business hours! It's a joke!

That's heart breaking mate. It doesn't look like a door ding though, unless 4x4 doors come with studs and spikes on the edges?? This company offers prevention from door dings, but who would want to stick out like that with what look like nuclear blast doors on the sides? Would probably make the car more of a target I'd have thought to random attacks other than careless door swingers. Gits.. :(

Now you mention it, it does look like a pellet hit the door. Can't imagine that would have happened at work, possibly at the gym if someone shot from out their window or something? No way of finding out though, which means I'll be out of pocket for something else now. So peeved!

Can sympathise with you there mate. My supra is a bit of a beater itself, but it was still annoying to come back and fine a deep 2 foot long scratch down the front wing a few days ago. It looks like it's been keyed or someone rubbing along the wing with a bag or something, but it's the sort of thing you wouldn't do without knowing about it. The car is a bit tatty but even so, it's just damn annoying that a few people have so little care of respect for others peoples property.

I chose to buy a beater for car park situations as I don't want the supra to end up looking like someone has taken a machine gun with rubber bullets to it.

I love the seats on your beater Mike! :D

Can sympathise with you there mate. My supra is a bit of a beater itself, but it was still annoying to come back and fine a deep 2 foot long scratch down the front wing a few days ago. It looks like it's been keyed or someone rubbing along the wing with a bag or something, but it's the sort of thing you wouldn't do without knowing about it. The car is a bit tatty but even so, it's just damn annoying that a few people have so little care of respect for others peoples property.

I hate it when things like this happen :(

My wife knows how anal I am about parking so as soon as we about to enter a car park she is already scoping a decent parking spot. End bays are my favourite and if it has a wall I get the passenger to pop out whilst I wack it up really close to the wall. I remember my FTO which was mint! After just under a year I was cleaning the car and after a polish could not believe how many little car park dings the car had!! You couldn't see them up front, but when it was clean and you looked at an angle with the light... Oh my!!