The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Service

Guest maxblackgr

Guest maxblackgr

I have a 1996 N/A auto; I want to service the car, so wondering what parts I need as my engineer friend said he would do it for me etc, Just had my cambelt done, + doubledin headunit and some expensive audiobahn 6.5" speakers installed (the old ones were 4"...yes OLD lol), so may as well do a service whilst im at it.

what are the FULL list of parts I need inc oils/spark plugs/filters/brake pads etc?

(my car has the upgraded bigger brakes)

and where can I buy them?

Probably worth establishing which service items you want to do. If your car is stock then there's no reason why you shouldn't stick to the Toyota schedule (I've run my NA auto on this for 9 years without it being any trouble).

You could do EVERYTHING in one hit so you know where you are starting from (you've already done the timing belt so that's a good start), but it can turn into quite a big jobs list. Some of the Toyota services require removal of the cam cover to check thr valve clearances. Its very rare that they actually need adjusting if the enginme has been looked after, but it is in the schedule.

If you don't have a service book, there may be a schedule for the routine A and B services posted up here somewhere. I did it myself years and years ago but I guess the thread has ben pruned out. There is still a spreadsheet showing the intervals for the "periodical" items here: Clicky

Service parts from Toyota dealers really aren't that expensive, and are easy to source, especially if you know the part number.

Edited by Digsy (see edit history)

Just a few things I'd check/replace, link below is for the service manual which explains procedures and service schedule.

http://www.turbosupras.com/pages/en/pages/specifications/JZA80/a80tsrm.htm

Air filter

Engine oil

Oil filter

Gearbox oil

Check underneath for oil leaks

Check condition of crank pulley.

Coolant flush and check condition of the radiator.

Thermostat

Radiator cap

Spark plugs

Rotor Arm, plug leads and distributor cap

Check the Oxygen sensors are working.

Check condition of the brake pads and discs.

Check brake calipers, ie. no sticking pistons, perished/split seals.

Check hand brake is working.

Brake fluid, new braided brake lines would be a good upgrade.

Check brake lines for corrosion.

Check all suspension, ARB, drop links, etc. for wear, check dampers for leaks, rubber boots for splits.

Check condition of engine, gearbox and diff mounts.

Torque up all the subframe and suspension bolts.

Check condition of tyres and tyre pressures.

Check wheel bearings for wear.