The mkiv Supra Owners Club

OEM Roof Spoiler removal!

Bagci

Well I have decided to (try) and remove my roof spoiler, I removed the 5 screws from either side and the 2 brackets, however it seems to be stuck down by a glue / sticky pads, now I don't know if this done in the factory or some little Japanese bad boy has stuck it on but it's refusing to budge and I don't wanna damage the paint! Have I missed any screws or does anyone know a solvent or something that will help remove it, without striping the paint?

Sounds like a really simple task I know but it's stuck like concrete o.o ?

Try and heat it up with a hair dryer and put some pressure on it until it start to shift. Your slowly see if there's movement. Takes alot of heat, but at a sensible temperature. I had a right pain removing my rear spats and took the paint right off. Do it cold and your definitely risk damaging the boot if it's strong adhesive.

As Noz said use a hair dryer or heat gun as mine came off like that, then to remove the residue on the boot lid use some tar remover (autosmart tardis is most effective). All the way through be very careful as mine has left marks but as it's getting resprayed it's wasn't too bad for me.

We use a hot air gun and then ease a body filler spreader between the body and part your

trying to remove.

These are made of plastic and have a tapered end which helps you push it through the warmed

glue or double sided tape

Or you can try using the old cheese wire method which if your careful would probably be the best

way

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)